No one wants to see Summer come to a end, so we aren’t going to talk about that, instead we are going to talk about all that this time of year has to offer. We are going to live in the moment, drinking up the last of these warm Summer evenings here in New England. Let’s talk about the farm stands that offer the most glorious fruits and vegetables this time of year. When you are browsing your local farm stands what are you seeing this time of year? Well we are seeing a lot of Squash! Yes Fall is around the corner and yes Squash is in it’s glory come this time of year but I wanted to savor a little more of Summer and make something with Zucchini in it since that is my favorite Summer vegetable. One of our favorite farms stands is right next door to the park I take my kids to so when I brought my daughter to the park last weekend I thought this was my perfect chance to grab some of the best Zucchini around.
If you haven’t guessed yet the theme for this weeks #SundaySupper is the amazing Squash! This event is being hosted by Alice of A Mama, Baby & Shar-pei in the Kitchen and Christy of Confessions of a Culinary Diva, thanks so much for hosting Alice and Christy!
I’ve seen these cute little Zucchini Pizza Bites floating around Pinterest for awhile now so I figured I’d give it a go. This was SO SO SO easy to make. I was able to make a bunch of them, yes I took the chance that I’d be eating these cute little bites of goodness all by myself because my daughter is a picky toddler and my husband, well though he will try anything I make for him, I knew it wasn’t going to be “dinner”. I was so pleasantly surprised that my daughter ate one! She questioned the zucchini at first but Daddy just told her it was my special pizza. My son, well he ate them as lunch the next day! Don’t let anyone tell you that this can’t be a meal because it can be. Leave it to my son to pull anything off as a main dish!
Zucchini Pizza Bites
2 large zucchinis
1 cup of 2% part skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
1/2 cup of pasta or pizza sauce
handful of mini turkey pepperoni’s
Olive Oil spray
Preheat oven to 400F. Slice the zucchini into thick rounds, use your judgement. Place on a baking sheet and bake in the oven for 10 min.
Remove from the oven and place pizza sauce on each round using a spoon. Top with mozzarella cheese and 4 pieces of pepperoni each.
Place in oven and bake for another 5 min. Remove. Let cool for 5 min and serve.
Here are some other Squash inspiration dishes! Get your in the Fall groove now!
Starters – Appetizers & Cocktails:
- Bourbon Pumpkin Pie in a Glass from Confessions of a Culinary Diva
- Spaghetti Squash and Zucchini Pancakes from Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Zucchini Pizza Bites from Mommas Meals
- Zucchini Tomato Focaccia Bread with Pretzel Salt from Family Foodie
Pickles & Relish:
Soups & Salads:
- Creamy Dairyfree Zucchini Soup from The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Easy Slow Cooker Pasta e Fagioli e Zucchini from Hot Momma’s Kitchen Chaos
- Pumpkin Soup with Bacon and Persimmon from Culinary Adventures with Camillia
- Tofu Vegetable Soup from What Smells So Good?
- Zucchini Cheese Soup from Noshing with the Nolands
- Zucchini Noodles with Basil Vinaigrette from Ruffles and Truffles
- Acorn Squash Ramen from Ninja Baking
- Beef, Butternut & Potato Pie from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Beef Ragu over Spaghetti Squash from The Texan New Yorker
- Black Bean, Butternut Squash & Millet Stuffed Poblano Peppers with Ancho-Guajillo Chile Sauce from Simply Healthy Family
- Chorizo-Stuffed Zucchini from La Cocina de Leslie
- Gluten Free Zucchini Noodles & Meatballs from Gluten Free Crumbley
- Italian Sausage Zucchini Lasagna from Curious Cuisiniere
- Risotto with Butternut Squash, Chicken and Sage from Cooking Chat
- Sausage and Farro Stuffed Acorn Squash from The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Sausage Stuffed Zucchini Cups from Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Sesame Zucchini Noodles (Zoodles) from Cupcakes and Kale Chips
- Spaghetti Squash Casserole from Shockingly Delicious
- Spinach and Mushroom Quiche with Spaghetti Squash Crust from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Stuffed Red Kuri Squash from Food Lust People Love
- Zucchini-Corn Pancakes from The Weekend Gourmet
- Cheesy Thyme Baked Acorn Squash from An Appealing Plan
- Creamy Baked Acorn Squash from Simply Gourmet
- Grilled Zucchini and Corn Succotash from Take a Bite Out of Boca
- Kabocha no Nimono (Simmered Acorn Squash) from A Mama, Baby and Shar Pei in the Kitchen
- Roasted Kabocha Squash from Peaceful Cooking
- Roasted Zucchini and Yellow Squash Galette from Rhubarb and Honey
- Spaghetti Squash Fritters from Nosh My Way
- Sweet and Savory Roasted Delicata Squash and Pear from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Zucchini Succotash Cobbler with Cornbread Topping from The Wimpy Vegetarian
Sweets to Start or End the Day:
- Chocolate Zucchini Bundt Cake from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Chocolate Zucchini Coffeecake with Chocolate Crumb from Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Chocolate Zucchini Pancakes from Brunch with Joy
- Granny’s Zucchini Bread from Pies and Plots
- Pumpkin Cheesecake French Toast Roll Ups with Pumpkin Spice Dipping Sauce from Chocolate Moosey
- Pumpkin Cookie Butter Cinnamon Buns with Cookie Butter Glaze from Grumpy’s Honey Bunch
- Pumpkin Pie Layer Cheesecake Bars from Wallflour Girl
- Pumpkin Spice Latte Cupcakes from The Foodie Army Wife
- Vegan Pumpkin Spice Cookies from Killer Bunnies Inc.
- Zucchini Brownies from Eat, Drink and Be Tracy
- Zucchini Lemon Ginger Bread from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.