I heart entertaining. Nothing makes me happier than gathering family and good friends over and just truly enjoy one another. Great food, good wine and excellent company is all you need to make a great holiday successful. We entertain a lot. We host holidays, ladies nights, cookie swaps and plenty of playdates. Today I’m bringing this Ultimate Taco Dip to the party. It’s a great way to serve up nacho’s and chips with a little bit of a twist to it. It feeds a crowd and the best way to make this dip last the whole day is to have everything chopped up and separated in individual zip lock bags. When the lettuce or tomato gets low, bam your ready to fill her up! I love entertaining so much I actually wrote a post about it. You can read 5 Tips and Ideas on throwing a great party if you’d like some more of my tips.
My favorite way to entertain a crowd on a holiday is to ask each person to bring a dish. We Pot Luck it all the time in this family, we all enjoy cooking, so we make a menu and have a full feast by the time everyone arrives. I’ve had Meatball bars, Nacho bars and even a Chili bar where my 3 snack slow cooker can easily be used. My husband and I are about to host our 3rd annual Thanksgiving Leftover Party. We see one side of the family on Thanksgiving Day and then on the Saturday of the long weekend we host a party where the other side comes over and we all bring leftovers, cook with leftovers and just basically have another Thanksgiving but it’s on the “less stressfull” side because there is no large dinner to have to worry about making.
This week’s event is being co-hosted by Michelle De La Cerda-Nash of The Complete Savorist and Valerie Cathell Clark of Life Style Hood Artistry. Thank you ladies for assisting in putting on a smashing event!
- 1 bag of Scoops or Nacho Chips
- 1 jar of Salsa (we use medium heat)
- 14 oz of Light Sour Cream
- 2 Fresh Tomatoes, chopped
- 14 oz of Refried Beans
- 1 Package of Taco Seasoning
- 1 Small can of sliced Jalapeno's
- ½ Cup of Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 2 Cups of Lettuce, chopped
- Green Onions (optional)
- Using a party platter, place one cup of lettuce in one section and directly across the plate place the second cup.
- Pour half of the salsa next to the lettuce, and again directly across pour the second cup.
- Do the same with the remaining ingredients accept the refried beans, make one section for that.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheese and green onion (optional) over the whole party platter.
- Mix the sour cream and taco seasoning packet together and place in a bowl in the center of the platter. Sprinkle with green onion. Pour chips in a bowl and serve!
- Caramel Coffee by Party Food & Entertaining
- Christmas Cranberry Mojitos by Our Good Life
- European-Style Hot Chocolate by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Peppermint Hot Chocolate by My San Francisco Kitchen
- Pomegranate Sangria by The Redhead Baker
- Spiced Hot Milk Brandy by Nosh My Way
- BBQ and Grape Jelly Crockpot Meatballs by Big Bear’s Wife
- Christmas Cranberry Dip by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Festive Shrimp Bites by The Freshman Cook
- Hot Crab Dip by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Krayl’s Easy Holiday Cheese Board by An Appealing Plan
- Mini Cheese Balls by Books n’ Cooks
- Pear Proscuitto Arugula and Cheese Rounds by Food Done Light
- Pull-apart Beer Bread with Mediterranean Vegetables by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Ranch Buffalo Chicken Dip by Table for Seven
- Shrimp Puffs by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Smoked Salmon Dip by Palatable Pastime
- Smoked Salmon Shooters by Amee’s Savory Dish
- Spiced Nuts by Confessions of a Cooking Diva
- Tuscan White Bean and Sausage Dip by The Complete Savorist
- Ultimate Taco Dip by Momma’s Meals
Main and Side Dishes
- Fruited Wild Rice by Magnolia Days
- Harvest Roast Chicken with Grapes, Olives, and Potatoes by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- La Grande Zuppa del Costiera Amalfitana (The Grand Soup of the Amalfi Coast) by Monica’s Table
- Make ahead Parmesan Mashed Potatoes by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Pasta With Duck Sugo by The Food Hunter’s Guide to Cuisine
Desserts and Baked Goods
- Apple Brown Betty by Curious Cuisiniere
- Apple Panna Cotta by Caroline’s Cooking
- Banana Coconut Lime Bundt Cake by Desserts Required
- Chocolate Sheet Cake by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Cinnamon Raisin Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Gluten Free Key Lime Tartlets by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Grown Up Peppermint Bark with Sambuca by Lifestyle Food Artistry
- Microwave Carob Fudge by Pies and Plots
- Orange and Dark Chocolate Chunk Scones by The Texan New Yorker
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread by Ruffles & Truffles
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.