What I would give to be somewhere Tropical right now! Since I can’t do that, together with the Sunday Supper tastemakers, we will bring Tropical to you! I have been obsessed with Chicken Burgers lately so I decided to whip up a new burger calling it a Tropical Chicken Burger. Why you ask? Well of course one of the secret ingredient is Pineapple! Giving it a tropical taste with a little bit of sweetness to it. The second secret ingredient is Avocado and it adds the perfect creaminess to this Tropical Chicken Burger. Here in New England we caught a week or so of beautiful weather, the sun shined, the kids played outside in t-shirts and this Momma……well she broke out the grill!
When I think of Tropical I think of the islands. Any island where there are palm trees, a slight warm breeze and amazing cocktails! I will be headed to a tropical island this summer to stand beside my best friend as she gets married, but until then. I think I’ll just enjoy these recipes and give a few a try!
- 1 cup of fresh pineapple, cut up into tiny pieces
- 1 avocado, cut up into tiny pieces
- 1 pd. of ground chicken
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp. of fresh parsley, chopped
- buns or biscuits (we used biscuits to change it up!)
- Optional Toppings:
- Spicy Cucumber Relish
- Condiments of your choice
- In a medium bowl gently combine the first five ingredients together using your hands.
- Heat the grill to medium.
- Shape into 10 balls and place them on a piece of tinfoil sprayed with baking spray. Gently flatten each ball to make it a small burger.
- Place the tinfoil on top of the grill and cook for 10-12 minutes. Gently flip the burgers and cook for another 8-10 minutes or until the burger is cooked through.
- Place each burger on a bun and load on the toppings of your choice!
Tidbits and Pupus
- Chicken and Lemongrass Sugarcane Skewers by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Coconut crusted Tofu with Spicy Mango Cucumber Topping by Soni’s Food
- Larp (Laos chicken salad) by Caroline’s Cooking
- Midwest Style Loco Moco by Our Good Life
- Tropical Sunrise Fruit Salad with Coconut Chia Cream by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Caribbean Black Beans with Rice by A Day in the Life on the Farm
Condiments and Sauces
- Cilantro Margarita by An Appealing Plan
- Coconut Mojito by Flour On My Face
- Pineapple Upside Down Cake Cocktail by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Strawberry Lava Flow by Nosh My Way
- Bali Spicy Grilled Fish – Ikan Bakar Jimbaran by Food Lust People Love
- Crockpot Hawaiian Pulled Pork by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Grilled Jerk Shrimp Roll with Tropical Fruit Slaw by Food Done Light
- Grilled Swordfish with Pineapple Salsa by Cooking Chat
- Kalua Pig by Palatable Pastime
- Mango Barbecued Pork Chops by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Mango Lime Fajitas by Curious Cuisiniere
- Pineapple Pork by Basic N Delicious
- Pineapple, Prosciutto and Arugula Pizza by Family Foodie
- Catibias o Cativias (Dominican Yucca Empanadas) by The Petit Gourmet
- Shrimp Salad with Avocado Ranch Dressing by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Slow Cooker Kalua Pork Tacos by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Tropical Chicken Burgers by Momma’s Meals
- Whole Roasted Bream with a Ginger-Tamarind Sauce by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Coconut Mounds Bars by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Tropical Sunshine Cake by Lifestyle Food Artistry
- Double Ginger Cookies by Pies and Plots
- Majarete Ice Cream by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Mini Mango Cheesecakes by The Freshman Cook
- Pineapple Blueberry Ooey Gooey Cake by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Pumpkin-Coconut Biscotti by What Smells So Good?
- Tropical Fruit Salad by The Redhead Baker
- Tropical Layered Poke Cake by Daily Dish Recipes
- Ube Panna Cotta by The Joyful Foodie
- Whole Wheat Mango Coconut Bars by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- The Best Wines to Pair with Tropical Food #SundaySupper by ENOFYLZ Wine Blog
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.