So I’ve never really been into Halloween. I know I know, I’m strange, I really am. I hated being scared as a kid OK. I hated that feeling that came in the pit of my stomach after going through a Haunted House or being scared half to death. However, I do love the imagination that can go into a costume, or the creativity that can go into decorating a house, and now that I consider myself an actual Foodie, I can appreciate the imagination and the creativity that goes into decorating food for a specific holiday!! This #SundaySupper has gathered together to bring you some great Halloween Treats!! Yay!! You have to check out the creativity behind these dishes guys! They are truly incredible!
When picking a recipe I didn’t really know which way to go, I’ve never made a Halloween dish before, then I was flipping through my Hannaford’s flyer one day and saw these Deviled Cupcakes made with Devil’s Food Cake from Dunkan Hines. I then came up with the idea for my recipe! Yes besides the Dunkan Hines, the rest I came up with on my own. I’m quite pride. The best part is it’s super simple and you get that creamed whipped topping that Hannaford’s puts on their cakes……..Mmmmmm….I hope no real bakers out there hate on me because I took the simple route on this one, it’s just proof that even if you don’t have the “knack” to bake, you can still bake something incredible! I will surly be trying this version from scratch at some point!
Bleeding Devil Cakes
Recipe Aspired From: Hannaford’s
Makes: 24 Cup Cakes
1 Box of Dunkan Hines Devil Food Cake Mix
1 18 oz carton of Dunkun Hines Vanilla Whipped Frosting
1 8 oz carton of Lite Cool Whip
1 tube of red decorating gel
What to do:
Mix the cake mix according to the package directions for the cupcakes. The box gives you options of what kind of cake/cupcakes your making, follow the baking directions for the cupcakes.
While those are baking I stirred together the cool whip and whipped frosting. I put it into large zip lock back and refrigerated until the cupcakes were finished baking and cooling. I think the cooling part is important.
Slowly drip the decorating gel over the vanilla frosting. Tada…….instant goodness!! I was quite surprised at how good they were, so good I sent them to my daughters daycare the next day, partly for her birthday but partly because I would have eaten them all!
Let’s see what the rest of the #SundaySupper crew cooked up for this Goulish, Scary, Crazy Holiday!!
- Shrunken Heads in Cider – Girlichef
- Candy Corn Martini – The Messy Baker Blog
- Trick-or-Treat Wine Pairings for Halloween – ENOFYLZ
- Steak Bites with Bloody Mary Dipping Sauce – I Run for Wine
- Eggs in Purgatory – My Catholic Kitchen
- Mini Jack-o’-Lantern Sloppy Joe Pies – Small Wallet Big Appetite
- Baked Mummy Cheese Dogs – In the Kitchen with KP
- Meat Head – Ruffles & Truffles
- Goblin Eggs – Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Mummy Hot Dogs – Damn Delicious
- Spooky Kid Pizzas – Sustainable Dad
- Pumpkin Chili, Pumpkin Dip, & Wicken Witch’s Brew – Daddy Knows Less
- Monster Mash – Cindy’s Recipes & Writings
- Sloppy Worm Sandwiches – La Cocina de Leslie
- Pumpkin Whoopie Pies with Biscoff Cream – The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Spooky Ogre Eye Cookies – The Realistic Nutritionist
- Jack O’ Lantern Cookies – Magnolia Days
- Spooky Good Popcorn Snack Mix – The Weekend Gourment
- White Chocolate & Coconut Dipped Strawberry Ghosts – Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Monster Bites – Cravings of a Lunatic
- Vegan Halloween Sugar Cookies – Hezzi-D’s Books & Cooks
- Monster Cookies – Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts
- Tunnel of Doom Cake – That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Candy-Stuffed Rice Crispy Treat Pumpkins – Chocolate Moosey
- Crispy Graham Bones – The Meltaways
- Dulce de Leche Bat Cookies – Crispy Bits & Burnt Ends
- Witch’s Fingers – Noshing with The Nolands
- Sweet Intestines with Broken Glass – The Little Ferraro Kitchen
- Graveyard Brownies – The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Boo Candy Corn & Chocolate Chip Cookies – Hip Foodie Mom
- Bleeding Devil Cakes – Momma’s Meals
- Pumpkin Halloween Munch – Big Bear’s Wife
- Halloween Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Cake Pops – Juanita’s Cocina
- Jack-O-Lantern Carrot Cake – Galactosemia in PDX
- Ghostly Chocolate Orange Tarts – Happy Baking Days
- Messy Monster Cookies – MarocMama
- Bewitchingly Delicious Butterscotch Broomstick Cake Pops – Mama.Mommy.Mom.
- Halloween Popcorn Cake – Pippis in the Kitchen Again
- Witches Morning Gruel – In the Kitchen with Audrey
- White Chocolate & Dulce de Leche Ghosts – Vintage Kitchen Notes
- Peanut Butter Candy Bar Cookies – The Cookie A Day Challenge
- Monster Cookie Revel Bars – Baker Street
- Halloween Cereal Bars – Basic N Delicious
- Ossi di Morti (Bones of the Dead Cookies) – Webicurean
- Pumpkin Pie Pinwheels – Midlife Road Trip
Please be sure you join us on Twitter throughout the day, this Sunday (October 28th) during #SundaySupper. We’ll be meeting up at 7:00 pm (Eastern) for our weekly #SundaySupper live chat where we’ll talk about all things Halloween. All you have to do is follow the #SundaySupper hashtag, or you can follow us through TweetChat.
We’d also love to feature your favorite Halloween recipes on our #SundaySupper Pinterest board and share them with all of our followers, too.