Happy Sunday everyone! The leaves are falling, the air is cool and crisp, the sun goes down earlier…….all these things and more spells out FALL here in New England. When I think of Fall I think of warm comforting dishes, crock pot meals, or hot and savory soups!! Well all that and more is what the #SundaySupper has in store for you this week! Our host is Amy over at kimchi Mom, thanks for hosting this fabulous event Amy!! As soon as I saw this theme, I thought of a recipe I found this past Summer, I wanted something that melted in my mouth but was easy to make in one dish! Something I serve over rice, we are a big rice family here! If you want that Chinese food, fresh tasting, moist, melt in your mouth dish than this one is for you! It was super easy to make and of course I’m a big fan of easy peasy!! If your anything like me and like to prepare dishes ahead of time on the weekend for your busy week ahead, make your rice and store it in the fridge, you can make this dish even easier by having it all ready to serve this awesome chicken and veggie mixture over! I’ve made this dish before and also served it with smashed sweet potatoes, I liked it better with the rice but that’s just me!
3 tbsp of Apricot reserves
2 tbsp of ketchup
1 tbsp of soy sauce
1 tbsp of rice vinegar
1/2 tsp of ground ginger
1 lb. of Chicken breast (or thighs), cut into large chunks
1 green pepper, cut into large pieces
1 red pepper, cut into large pieces
3 large carrots, cut into coins
3 large scallions, diced
What to do:
Preheat oven to 400F. Whisk together the reserves, ketchup, soy sauce, vinegar and ginger together in a small bowl. Add one tbsp of water.
Toss chicken with 3 heaping tbsp of the mixture and place in a baking dish. I lined mine with tinfoil so it was less of a mess.
Toss carrots and peppers around the chicken and pour remaining sauce over the whole dish. Sprinkle half of scallions on top.
Cover with tinfoil and bake for 25-30 min or until chicken is cooked through. Serve over hot rice and sprinkle with the remaining scallions.
Now if your anything like me you’ll grab a glass of wine (or coffee), grab a pen & paper (or get pinning on Pinterest) and mark some of these fabulous one pot wonders down to try this beautiful season!!
“Take the chill off” Chilis, Soups, and Starters
- Spicy Sausage and Sweet Potato Soup by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Eggplant Parmesan Soup by The Texan New Yorker
- Cream of Tomato and Tortellini Soup by Noshing With The Nolands
- Chicken Tortilla Soup by What Smells So Good?
- Chicken Corn Chowder by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Spinach and Mushroom Tortellini Soup by Neighborfood
- Lasagna Soup by The ROXX Box
- Beefy Skillet Nacho Bake by The Weekend Gourmet
- German Onion Soup by Kudos Kitchen By Renee
- White Bean and Spinach Soup by Ruffles & Truffles
- Korean Oxtail Soup (Kkori Gomtang) by kimchi MOM
- Fall Squash Chili by Pescetarian Journal
- Sweet Potato Black Bean Chili by Alida’s Kitchen
“Put meat on your bones” Stews
- Brew Stewed Beef by The Foodie Army Wife
- Dr. Pepper Shredded Chicken (slow cooker) by girlichef
- Pepper Beef Stew by The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Slow Cooked Beef Stew with Red Wine, Carrots and Tomatoes by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Fabulous French Cassoulet by Webicurean
- Slowcooker Coq Au Vin by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Claypot Braised Tofu by My Trials in the Kitchen
- Moroccan Lentil Ragout with Poached Eggs by The Wimpy Vegetarian
“Make room for seconds” Main Dishes
- Slow Cooker Hawaiian Kalua Pork by Shockingly Delicious
- Chicken and Dumplings by Hip Foodie Mom
- Spicy Tomato Pasta by Supper for a Steal
- Spicy Coconut Chicken Casserole by The Urban Mrs.
- Carnitas with Queso Fresco Enchiladas by Casa de Crews
- Slow Cooker Garlic and Herb Pork Chops and Veggies by Cookin’ Mimi
- Jambalaya by Country Girl in the Village
- Easy Oven Sweet & Sour Chicken by Momma’s Meals
- Asian Chicken Rice Pot by a distinguished palate
- Quick One Pot Red Beans and Rice by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Sweet & Sour Vegetarian Stir Fry by Foxes Love Lemons
- One-Pot Lentil Chicken by Small Wallet, Big Appetite
- Beef and Quince Tajine by MarocMama
- Slow-Cooked Italian Beef Sandwiches by Juanita’s Cocina
- Sunday Supper Pork and Chorizo by Family Foodie
- Mediterranean Chicken Bake by The Dinner-Mom
- Easy Chorizo, Corn and Potatoes by Mama’s Blissful Bites
- Crockpot Roasted Corn, Tomato and Broccoli Risotto by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Quick ‘n Easy Asian-Style Quinoa by NinjaBaking.com
- Pan-fried Chicken with Bacon and Asparagus by Food Lust People Love
- Vegetarian Chipotle Tamale Pie by Curious Cuisiniere
- Turkey Sausage and Noodle Pesto by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- One Pot Coconut Rice Shrimp Pilaf by Sue’s Nutrition Buzzz
- One Pot Spicy Pasta by Mess Makes Food
“Can’t say no” Desserts
- Vegan Chocolate-Peanut Butter Pudding by Killer Bunnies, Inc
- Busy-Day S’mores Cake by Treats & Trinkets
- Mascarpone Pumpkin Cheesecake in the Microwave by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Slow Cooker Pumpkin Pie Spice Apple Crisp by Hot Momma’s Kitchen Chaos
- Flourless Almond Butter Cookies by Pies and Plots
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here ? Sunday Supper Movement.