When this weeks theme of Valentine’s Day Recipes for Two came up for #SundaySupper, I knew right away what I had planned to share with everyone. I made these for my husband and I for one of our Date Nights In. Anyone who knows me knows that Date Nights are very important to me because we have two little ones and making time to still be a couple is very important for any marriage never mind a marriage with small children. So every once in awhile I plan one of these date nights for my husband and I. This particular weekend I went all out. I decorated a table, made appetizers, salads, a main dish and a dessert. We had a very nice night minus one kiddo while she spent the night at Memere’s house. Now granted I haven’t made a date night as nice as this since October however I still plan our nice dinners to eat alone once the kids are in bed, so maybe that should give me a reminder to make something as nice and romantic as this again very soon for us. Hmmm…….maybe I could get a new recipe Idea from this theme hosted by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen, thank you Susan for hosting this fabulous event today.
I like to make it special for my hunny. So I made a nice menu, don’t ask how I found time to do this, I haven’t since, however I vow to do it again soon because it was a real nice night. My husband got to spend time with our infant son alone while I cooked. I did spend from 2-7 in the kitchen preparing however it’s where I’m the happiest. When I thought of this appetizer I wanted something that tasted like a bite of a juicy but healthier hamburger! What is a hamburger without bacon??!
Serves: 2 (8 meatballs)
- 1 lbs 99% lean ground turkey
- 8 slices of center cut bacon
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 scallions
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp cumin
- pinch oregano
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- salt and fresh pepper
- cooking spray
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Preheat oven to 350°.
In a large bowl combine turkey, chopped herbs, bread crumbs, scallions, garlic egg, cumin, salt and pepper. Using your hands, mix well and measure into eight large meatballs.
Wrap each meatball with a piece of bacon and secure with a tooth pick. Place on the parchment paper. Bake for 40-45 min until the bacon is cooked to your likeness.
For a dipping sauce mix a few tablespoons of ketchup, mustard and relish together. Makes the perfect sauce for your perfect bite!
These foodie friends from #SundaySupper have brought you quite the recipes to cook for two! Grab yourself a glass of wine or a special cocktail and get pinning on what recipe you could make your someone special this year for a fun night or romantic Valentine’s Day Dinner!
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy! You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
- Bacon-Wrapped Dates Stuffed with Ricotta from Casa de Crews
- Kumquat Vanilla Marmalade from Shockingly Delicious
- Southwestern Meatballs wrapped in Bacon from Momma’s Meals
- Almond-Crusted Sole with Mushroom Pilaf for Two from Small Wallet, Big Appetite
- Bacon Crusted Beer Mac and Cheese from Melanie Makes
- Baked Crab Cakes with Lemongrass-Ginger Mayo from The Weekend Gourmet
- Baked Pasta with Sausage and Fontina from The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Baked Tilapia En Papillote from It’s Yummi!
- Chicken and Mushroom Alfredo from Cookin’ Mimi
- Drunken Snow Crabs from Family Foodie
- Eggs in Purgatory from Noshing with the Nolands
- Flambéed Veal Chops from MealDiva
- Homemade Philly Cheesesteak Stromboli from In The Kitchen With KP
- Meyer Lemon Butter Sauce Prawns with Linguine from Food Lust People Love
- Pan Seared Scallops with Lemon-Basil Beurre Blanc, Pancetta, Apples and Fennel from Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Pan-Seared Scallops with Linguine and Tomato-Cream Sauce from Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Roasted Vegetable Lasagna for Two from Hot Momma’s Kitchen Chaos
- Salmon Pakoras from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Swiss Fondue for Two from Curious Cuisiniere
- White Queso Mac and Cheese for Two from Daily Dish Recipes
Decadent Desserts and Drinks:
- Baked Custard from Magnolia Days
- Cherry Spritzer Ice Cream Float from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Chocolate Budino with Strawberry Hearts from Manu’s Menu
- Chocolate Malt Bread Pudding from Alida’s Kitchen
- Chocolate Marshmallow Duets from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Chocolate Pots de Crème from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Fresh Berry Parfait with Crème Anglaise from Hip Foodie Mom
- Fudgy Dark Chocolate Brownies with Raspberry Sauce from La Bella Vita Cucina
- Funfetti Strawberry Cheesecake Trifle from Take a Bite Out of Boca
- German Rose Water Sugar Cookies For Two from Killer Bunnies, Inc.
- Gluten Free Chocolate Hazelnut Truffles from Gluten Free Crumbley
- Gluten-Free Deep Dish Hot Fudge Brownies for Two from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Ice Cream Stuffed Crepes with Nutella and Fresh Berries from Neighborfood
- Malawian Mbatata Cookies with Coconut Cream from Happy Baking Days
- Orange-scented Bread Pudding with Hard Sauce for Two from girlichef
- Pecan-Crusted Coconut Custards with Brandied Banana Sauce from The Texan New Yorker
- Pistachio Pudding For Two (From Scratch) from Chocolate Moosey
- 3 Japanese-Style Treats for Your Sweet from Ninja Baking
- Valentine’s Cupcakes with a Surprise from From the Bookshelf
- White Hot Chocolate from Pies and Plots