Happy Sunday everyone!! When I read what the theme was for this weeks #SundaySupper I jumped up and down and did a dance…….Yes I did, really!! My new favorite thing is making my own sauces, gravies and dressings, it’s just so easy, they always taste better and usually they are way more healthier for you too!! I’m totally going to be going back to this list a lot in the future. There are Savory Sauces, Sweet Sauces, Sauces for your main dish and even sauces for your dessert!! This weeks even is being hosted by Crazy Foodie Stunts. Love that name don’t you! So grab a cup of coffee, or drink of choice, pull up a chair and get pinning these gorgeous homemade Sauces!
Your going to love what I prepared for you today because, well who doesn’t love Chicken Broccoli Ziti when we are out at our favorite restaurant? I do I do!! But I quickly pass it and move on to the next dish. Yes I move onto the next dish when this is being offered at a family function or buffet line. I even pass by it on a menu when I’ve decided to Splurge and and say the heck with it………….Well no more passing by this dish because I made a version that is WAY MORE healthier and I added whole wheat pasta to make this dish complete! Who would have known that a healthier version could be made and that I could actually make it!! I don’t know why sauces, gravies and dressings intimidate me, every time I attempt one I actually love it!! This one is no different.
My husband and I recently had a weekend away from the kiddo’s (I know we are crazy lucky and yes that picture above is from that very weekend!) I wanted to prepare my MIL with a dish so she didn’t have to worry about feeding herself or my picky daughter. I also had left over ham from a ham dinner my mom had cooked earlier that week (love when mom sends me home with the leftovers!) This dish was super easy and I had some before I left…….YUMMY, I’m not sure I’ll ever by jarred sauce again!! Next time I’m making double and freezing some! As I did a search for a lighter version on the internet, I figured out that the ingredients were all pretty much the same so I kind of just went with it and made up my own, this is what I came up with!! Soooo good, sorry, I love pepper so you can calm down on it if you want!
1 Cup of low-fat milk
1 1/2 tsp cornstarch
1 Cup of fat free chicken broth
1/4 cup of light cream cheese
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp of pepper
3/4 cups of parmasen cheese
What to do:
In med. saucepan, whisk the milk and cornstarch until smooth.
Whisk in the broth and place over low heat. Add the cream cheese, garlic powder and most of the pepper. Bring to a simmer and cook until the sauce thickens, this will be about 5 minutes.
Whisk in half of the parmasen cheese and stir until melted. Add the rest of the pepper and parmasen cheese and whisk until melted about another 1 to 2 minutes more.
The pasta dish I made (leftover ham cut up and a cup of peas) served 4-6 people.
Easy, quick and healthy week night dinner right here! Hey make it ahead of time so all you have to do is boil the pasta and throw it together! Hmmmm I’m on to something!
- Port Wine and Fig Sauce from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Jalepeno Cranberry Sauce from Hot Momma’s Kitchen Chaos
- Homemade Steak Sauce from Juanita’s Cocina
- Tomato Kasundi from What Smells So Good?
- Homemade Tartar Sauce from The Foodie Army Wife
- Creamy Dairyfree Mushroom Sauce from The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Homemade Teriyaki Sauce from Curious Cuisiniere
- Red Wine Sauce | Molho de Vinho Tinto from Family Foodie
- Guava BBQ Sauce from Basic N Delicious
Pasta Sauces and Pastas with Sauce
- Chardonnay Seafood Sauce (with Linguine) from Country Girl in the Village
- Italian-Style Tomato Sauce from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Homemade Guiltless Alfredo Sauce from Momma’s Meals
- Sicilian Marinara Sauce from Growing Up Gabel
- Basil Pesto from Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Angel Hair Pasta with Neapolitan Sauce from Cookin’ Mimi
- Roasted Vegetable Pasta Sauce from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Lentil Marinara Pasta Sauce from Alida’s Kitchen
- Lamb Ragout from Maroc Mama
- Black Walnut Kale Pesto with Zucchini Spaghetti from Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Amatriciana Sauce from The Weekend Gourmet
Entreés with Sauces
- Chicken Tikka Masala from I Run For Wine
- Pork Tenderloin with Plum Sauce from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Garlic Mushrooms In Red Wine Sauce from Kudos Kitchen By Renee
- Jack Daniel’s Honey Barbecue Baked Wings from Chocolate Moosey
- Salmon with Homemade Caper Onion Mayonnaise from Food Lust People Love
- Chicken with Mushroom Demi-Glace from Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Mrs. A’s Skillet Lemon Chicken from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Philly Strip Steaks with Provolone Sauce and Caramelized Onions from The Texan New Yorker
- Sweet & Sour Garlic Chicken Wings from Big Bear’s Wife
- Banana Pudding Sauce from Killer Bunnies, Inc
- Raspberry Red Wine Sauce from Treats & Trinkets
- Pumpkin Applesauce from Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Dark Chocolate Salted Caramel Sauce from Daily Dish Recipes
- Slow Cooker Applesauce from Citronlimette
- Apple Cider Caramel Sauce from The Messy Baker
- Port Wine Cranberry Sauce from Webicurean
- Pumpkin Caramel Sauce from Noshing With The Nolands
Desserts with Sauces
- Sticky Toffee Pudding w/ Toffee Sauce from girlichef
- Salted Bourbon Caramel Sauce (over Chocolate Rosemary Cake) from Gotta Get Baked
- Pear Tatin with Rum Caramel Sauce from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Bananas Foster from MidLife Road Trip
- Baked Espresso Berry Pudding from The Urban Mrs
- Caramel Apple Sheet Cake from Pies and Plots
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter each Sunday. We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm EST. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here → >Sunday Supper Movement.