It’s that time of year when everyone gets together to see their loved ones for the holidays. Or even those fantastic work holiday parties that your company may hold, believe it or not I miss going to a company holiday party! Well why not host your own holiday gathering! Connie from The Foodie Army Wife is hosting this fabulous party and the #SundaySupper group has gotten together to provide you with some amazing appetizer and drink recipes for your next party!!
I decided to make a drink, as I was searching for what to make, I drooled over the holiday alcoholic ones, I then thought maybe I’m better off making an appetizer because I can’t have alcohol this holiday season because of my little bambino, but there is always next year! Then I came across this awesome recipe for Raspberry Hot Cocoa, I knew this would be something my husband and I would enjoy some cold wintry night!
Raspberry Hot Cocoa
- Prep/Total Time: 10 min.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Recipe From: Taste of Home
- 3 cups 2% milk
- 1 cup frozen unsweetened raspberries, thawed
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 teaspoons Imperial Sugar® / Dixie Crystals® Granulated Sugar
- Optional toppings: whipped cream, marshmallows and chocolate curls
- In a small saucepan, heat milk over medium heat until bubbles form around sides of pan (do not boil).
- Place the raspberries, chocolate and sugar in a blender; cover. While processing, gradually add hot milk in a steady stream. Strain; discard seeds. Serve in mugs; top with whipped cream, marshmallows and chocolate if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup (calculated without toppings) equals 325 calories, 17 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 92 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 10 g protein.
Now lets go check out what everyone else has made for this wonderful party we are holding!
- Glühwein from Magnolia Days
- Cookies-n-Cream Cocktails from The Urban Mrs
- Cranberry Fizz from Dinners, Dishes and Desserts
- Rosemary Orange Punsch from Galactopdx
- Candy Cane Martini from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Raspberry Hot Chocolate from Momma’s Meals
- Chocolate Peppermint Eggnog from The Daily Dish Recipes
- Jamaican Sorrel from The Lovely Pantry
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Hot Chocolate Spoons from Chocolate Moosey
- Homemade Eggnog from Flour on my Face
- Moroccan Mint Tea from MarocMama
- Cherry Bomb from Noshing with the Nolands
- Wassel from There And Back Again
- Cranberry Sparkler Mocktail from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Pomegranate Cosmo from Supper For A Steal
- Poinsettia Mimosas from Big Bear’s Wife
- Mulled Wine: Spiked and Steamy from Daddy Knows Less
- Poinsettia Cocktails from The Catholic Foodie
- The Red Carpet Diva from Cooking Underwriter
Holiday Appetizers or Hors d’oeuvres
- Cheese Ball Wreath from The Meltaways
- Caramelized Onion and Goat Cheese Tarts from My Catholic Kitchen
- Prosciutto Goat Cheese Rolls with Fig Preserves and Arugula from Shockingly Delicious
- Muenster and Spinach Pinwheels from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Drunk Moose Meatballs from The Foodie Army Wife
- Smoked Salmon Blinis with Cranberry-Spiced Feta from Chattering Kitchen
- Sticky Wholegrain Mustard & Ginger Cocktail Sausages from girlichef
- Potato Leek Soup from What Smells So Good
- Cheesy Mushroom Pull Apart Bread from Small Wallet Big Appetite
- 5 Quick & Easy Appetizers for Your Holiday Party from Webicurean
- Bacon Peanut Caramel Corn from Gotta Get Baked
- Crostini topped with Voodoo Chicken Cream Dip from Country Girl in the Village
- Mushroom Strudel from Vintage Kitchen
- Roxanne’s Shrimp & Andouille Sausage Queso Dip from The ROXX Box
- Herbed Holiday Party Mix from Curious Cuisiniere
- Old fashioned Swedish Meatballs from I Run For Wine
- Cheesy Chicken Broccoli Bites from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Fried Green Beans with Wasabi Ranch from Juanita’s Cocina
- Salsa Baked Cheese from Home Cooking Memories
- Cookie Dough Dip from The Cookie-A-Day Challenge
- Parmesan Onion Rounds from Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Lip-smacking Cranberry Cocktail Meatballs from In The Kitchen with KP
- Hot Spinach Parmesan Dip from Comfy Cuisine
- Indian Spiced Tuna Balls from Soni’s Food
- Onion marmalade with Bacon from Ruffles and Truffles
- Sweet Potato Dip from Mama’s Blissful Bites
- Festive Cucumber & Ginger Sushi Rolls from The Ninja Baker
- Baked Brie from Family Foodie
Our normal 7PM tweet chat has been canceled for this evening. I’d like to use this moment to say a special prayer for the victims of such a horrific tragedy that took place in CT on Friday, December 14th. A special thank you to the hero’s who risked their lives for those innocent children. I bow my head for those missing at their own Sunday Supper Dinner Table
We’d also love to feature your recipe for holiday parties on our #SundaySupper Pinterest board to share them with all of our followers, too.