Happy Sunday everyone!! Also, Happy Easter Sunday to everyone!! We have the PERFECT theme for such a great holiday. Citrus Fruits!! Any and all Citrus fruit recipes here guys. March 31st is National Oranges and Lemon’s Day!! This awesome theme is being hosted by the fabulous Jen over at Junaita’s Cocina!!
I’ve been MIA the past few #SundaySuppers, I’m so sorry…….I’ve been under the weather and really using the time to rest, OK well I had no choice, I couldn’t function 🙂 But I’m baaaaaaaaaaaaack! So lets celebrate by enjoying all of these wonderful Citrus Fruit Recipes!!
When choosing a recipe I wanted to try a dessert because I absolutely love anything and everything Lemon!!! I’ve never made anything cheese cake, so I thought this was a good first attempt! Don’t forget to scroll down and see what the other #SundaySupper members have brought to the table this week!! Have a wonderful Sunday Friends!
Recipe From: Bake Your Day
- 6 Graham Crackers
- 2 tsp of sugar
- 2 tbsp of butter, melted
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 8 oz of cream cheese. room temperature
- 1/3 cup of sugar
- 2 tbsp of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp of lemon zest
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1/3 tsp of salt
- Lemon/Blueberry Sauce:
- 2 tsp of cornstarch
- 3 tbsp of sugar
- 1 cup of fresh blueberries
- 2 tbsp of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tsp of lemon zest
- 1/4 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp of salt
- Line 12 muffin tins with muffin liners.
- Process graham crackers in a food processor until finely crushed.
- In a small bowl combine the graham cracker crumbs and sugar. Add melted butter until it's incorporated. Add the mixture to the bottom of each muffin liner. Crush each one down as much as possible using a spoon or other tool.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the heavy cream on medium speed until thickened and medium peaks are formed.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix the cream cheese by hand, adding the sugar, lemon juice, lemon zest, vanilla and salt until smooth. Add cream cheese mixture to the heavy cream until it's fully incorporated.
- Add the batter evenly on top of the graham cracker crust.
- Refrigerate over night or for at least 6 hours.
- For the sauce:
- In a small saucepan whisk the cornstarch and sugar together. Add 1/2 cup of blueberries, lemon juice, lemon zest, vanilla and salt and cook over medium heat for 4-5 minutes, until thickened. Stir in the rest of the blueberries and cook for 2 more minutes. Serve over individual cheesecakes.
- Mixture can be stored in the fridge for a week.
Better with Citrus Breakfasts:
- Orange Ricotta Pancakes from Gotta Get Baked
Big On Citrus Breads & Condiments:
- Honey Lime Dressing from Ruffles & Truffles
- Lemon Poppyseed Sweet Bread from Food Lust People Love
- Meyer Lemon Pistachio Loaf from The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Moroccan Preserved Lemons from MarocMama
Make You Pucker Salads, Sides, & Main Dishes:
- Ceviche from Cookistry
- Cilantro Lime Rice from Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Citrus Ginger Chicken from Kudos Kitchen
- Easy Indian Lemon Chicken from Soni’s Food
- Grilled Orange & Lime Chicken Thighs from Big Bear’s Wife
- Meyer Lemon-Garlic Shrimp & Asparagus with Brown Rice from Daily Dish Recipes
- Orange Chicken from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Red Cabbage and Red Pepper Salad with Citrus Dressing from Family Foodie
- Seared Cod with Grapefruit Fennel Slaw from Magnolia Days
- Tangy Lemon Rice with Grated Mango & Roasted Cashew from Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
Sour Citrusy Sweets & Desserts:
- Blood Orange Sorbet from My Cute Bride
- Broiled Oranges with Toasted Coconut from Neighborfood
- Clementine Curd from Small Wallet Big Appetite
- Creamsicle Cupcakes from The Meltaways
- Dairyfree Key Lime Meringue Bliss from The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Fresh Lemon Mousse from Comfy Cuisine
- Frozen Lemon Dessert from Gourmet Drizzles
- Gluten Free Orange Pound Cake from Simply Gourmet
- Honey and Lemon Cake from Happy Baking Days
- Key Lime Biscotti from Juanita’s Cocina
- Key Lime Cheesecake from Flour on My Face
- Key Lime Cookie Bars from Supper for a Steal
- Key Lime Truffles from What Smells So Good?
- Lemon Blueberry Polenta Cake from Vintage Kitchen Notes
- Lemon Coconut Cinnamon Rolls from Chocolate Moosey
- Lemon Cookies from Basic N Delicious
- Lemon Cream Pie Push Pops from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Lemon Layer Cake from Crispy Bits & Burnt Ends
- Lemon Ricotta Cake from The Urban Mrs.
- Meyer Lemon Snack Cake with Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Mini Meyer Lemon Pies from Cravings of a Lunatic
- Mini Orange Cream & Lemon Cream Scones from The Foodie Army Wife
- No-Bake Lemon Cheese Cakes w/Blueberry-Lemon Sauce from Momma’s Meals
- Olive Oil Cake with Orange Marmalade from Hip Foodie Mom
- Omiyage California Citrus Cake from Ninja Baking
- Orange Cake with Orange Syrup from The Lovely Pantry
- Pink Grapefruit Pie from In the Kitchen With Audrey and Maurene
- Pink Lemonade Pound Cake from In the Kitchen with KP
- Sugar-Free Lemon Meringue Pie from Webicurean
- Tarte au Citron from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
Sour Sips & Drinks:
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on Twitter on Sunday, March 31st to talk all about citrus recipes! We’ll tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm EST. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag, and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more delicious recipes and food photos.