I feel like it’s been forever since I took part in a Sunday Supper event! It’s been a whirlwind of a month that’s for sure, but we are winding down and I’m happy to say we have a few weeks of nothing planned so we can have some good ol fashion family time at home. I’m also thrilled to be a part of this Pool Party that The Sunday Supper Movement is throwing. I am bringing these Low-Carb Turkey Club Bites. Though we live on a lake, we have plenty of pool parties throughout the summer so this menu is one I’ll be saving. What are your favorite things to snack on when you are poolside? What do you enjoy sipping on? Me well I like myself a good healthy option and a Margarita!
I bought some lean deli turkey meat, we like just plain 2% American Cheese, good old fashion center cut bacon bits, honey mustard, roll, cut and go! I recently found these low-carb wraps that actually taste good! Most of the low calorie, carb or fat anything I can’t stand but these come in a spinach, whole grain and tomato flavor! This is also a great time to use some of that Homemade Kale Pesto you may have just a little left of! I made a few of both knowing the kids wouldn’t eat the ones with pesto. I was happy to see my daughter ate one! As for the rest…..yep that was all me!
So the trick when cutting up any kind of wrap into individual bite size pieces is refrigerating then for 30 min first! Yes, stuff, roll into one wrap, stick it with 4 individual tooth picks and throw it into the refrigerator for 30 min while you pack up your car, or if you have a pool, while the kids are pulling at your shirt saying “I want to swim NOW!” Take them out, slice them with a serrated knife into 4 individual bite size pieces! Plate them and go.
- 3 8" wraps of your choice
- 3 pieces of sliced low sodium turkey breast deli meat
- 3 pieces of 2% american cheese
- 4-6 pieces of cooked center cut bacon, chopped
- pesto or honey mustard
- Place your wraps on the counter. Put the condiment of your choice all over, staying away from the edges.
- Place a piece of turkey on each wrap. Top with a piece of cheese. Sprinkle with a few tablespoons of bacon.
- Roll it as tight as you can leaving each wrap seem side down. Evenly distribute 4 tooth picks into the wrap and place in the refrigerator for 30 min. (or more)
- Remove from refrigerator and cut each wrap into 4 bite size pieces.
Don’t forget to scroll on down and see what the rest of the foodies brought to the pool party!
Refreshing Beverages and Cocktails:
- Beermosas by eating in instead
- Cantaloupe Margaritas by Palatable Pastime
- Ginger Peach Sangria with Plums by Whole Food | Real Families
- Lime and Ginger Cordial by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Lime in the Coconut Caipirinha by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Limeade Splash by Our Good Life
- Mojito Slush by Life Tastes Good
- Pear and Cranberry Orange Cocktail by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Spiked Blackberry Lemonade by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
Appealing Appetizers and Snacks:
- Chip and Dip Sunflowers by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Coconut Key Lime Cheesecake Dip by The Crumby Cupcake
- Eggplant, Spinach and White Bean Dip with Homemade Cheddar Crackers by Caroline’s Cooking
- Grilled Spicy Shrimp with Pineapple Aioli by A Gouda Life
- Low-Carb Turkey Club Bites by Momma’s Meals
- Roasted Jalapeno Hummus by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Spicy Cheesy Corn Dip by Brunch with Joy
- Tropical Fruit with Moscato Glaze Quesadilla by Seduction in the Kitchen
- Zesty Tex-Mex Shrimp Cocktail by The Weekend Gourmet
Super Sides and Salads:
- BLT Pasta Salad by A Day in the Life on a Farm
- Mexican Three Bean Salad by Tasting Page
- Olive Tomato Salad by Magnolia Days
- Superfood Crunch Salad by Food Done Light
Tempting Desserts and Sweets:
- 5 Fantastic Fruit Pops by Sunday Supper Movement
- Butter Pecan M&M’s Magic Bars by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Pink Lemonade Cupcakes by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Oatmeal Toffee Cookies by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Sour Cherry Crumb Cake by Pies and Plots
- Swim Ring Cakes by The Freshman Cook
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.