My new goal is to cook one new #21DayFix Recipe a week and share it with my followers. I see that a lot of people are following a Beach Body Lifestyle and these Lemon Garlic Chicken Tenders was the perfect recipe to try because it gave me chicken for my salads all week! I served it for dinner one night with the kids with a side of grilled zucchini and sweet potato and then I was able to enjoy it on top of my salad a few nights during the week when my husband worked late and I just wanted a light and easy dinner. Win win in my book!
I absolutely LOVE making my own marinades! The last time I bought a store bought marinade I made pulled pork with it and it was a game changer for me. It was the last gall bladder attack I had before I went in for surgery almost immediately. I’m not saying that bottled BBQ Sauce was the reason I needed my gall bladder out, it was just the very reason I needed to start my family on a healthier path. I still buy boxed mac and cheese (ehhhh) and juice boxes but eliminating a lot of processed foods is helping my family become healthier one day at a time. A few of my favorite things to make that is unprocessed are these my own chicken or turkey burgers, salad dressings, marinades, and I’ve made a ton of different variations of Mac N Cheese but my kids have yet to bite on those! Try these Lemon Garlic Chicken Tenders and I promise you will not reach for another bottled marinade again.
Recipe adapted from: One Perfect Bite
- 1½ lbs of Chicken Breast, cut into strips
- ⅓ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
- 2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Add all of the ingredients except the chicken to a large plastic zip lock bag.
- Cut the chicken breasts into strips.
- Add the chicken to the bag and mix well to coat it.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours flipping the bag half way through. I marinated it for 4 hours flipping half way through.