It’s grilling season here, FINALLY. I’m obsessed with experimenting with ground chicken these days. This recipe for Italian Chicken Avocado Burgers is one of my new favorites that I must share with you. It’s quick and easy so you can prepare them in advance. When my husband leaves to go pick up the kids I have the burgers all ready to go and I throw them in the skillet or on the grill, you can do either or. I’ve experimented with both however if you do grill make sure you use a piece of tin foil sprayed with cooking spray because chicken falls apart easier than ground beef does. I wonder if they would turn out just as good if I tried baking them. Oh well just another new experiment for this Momma! Either way these Italian Chicken Avocado Burgers are delicious because the flavors just all come together and they are super moist. If my picky toddler ate a half a burger than trust me when I say they are worth trying. You can also check out my Tropical Chicken Burgers, just a fun way to dress up another chicken burger.
- 1 pound of ground chicken
- 1 avocado (more if you'd like to add for topping)
- 2 tbsp of fresh basil
- ¼ cup of freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp of Italian seasoning
- Olive Oil
- Burger rolls
- Optional Toppings:
- sliced avocado
- Place the ground chicken in a mixing bowl and set aside.
- Remove the avocado and mash it up leaving a few chunky pieces if you prefer.
- Add the avocado, basil, cheese and Italian seasoning to the ground chicken and gently mix using your hands.
- Shape into 6 small-medium balls and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Flatten into patties. Heat a large skillet (I used two so I could make them all at the same time) Cook on the first side for 8-10 minutes, flip and cook for another 8 minutes or until the inside temp reaches 160F.
- Top with your favorite toppings and enjoy!
Don’t forget to look back at the other fabulous weekday supper recipes to get your weekly menu ready!
Monday – Strawberry and Avocado Salad by Take A Bite Out of Boca
Tuesday – Bratwurst Tacos by Palatable Pastime
Wednesday – Lemon Sugar Grilled Chicken by Feed Me, Seymour
Thursday – Mayo-Free Curried Chicken Salad by eating in instead