In honor of me and my husbands seventh anniversary today I thought it was the perfect time to talk about how to make lasagna for just two. I thought I was the brilliant one who invented Lasagna for Two, but surprisingly I’m not the first and I’m sure I won’t be the last. However, I was able to put my own spin on it. I usually would use my own homemade sauce however I had a bottle of sauce I bought at a local grocer that had Kale in it, of course the kids would not touch it so I wanted to use it up. I also made this super simple.
Lasagna has always continued to intimidated me as I grew comfortable in the kitchen. I’m not really sure why because it’s so easy to make. I also love how versatile it can be. There are many ways to make it, put your own spin on it and of course “healthify” it! Check out my Skinny Lasagna Aldredo, Crock Pot Lasagna, Mexican Lasagna and my new favorite Lighted Up Lasagna Soup.
This is a great dinner to serve when you have 2-4 people for dinner, even thought it is technically for “two” I had leftovers! I served it with rosemary garlic crostini so my husband and I both enjoyed a smaller slice. If you serve it with a nice salad or try combining some fresh chopped rosemary and olive oil, use a brush and spread it on pieces of cut up Italian bread and you can easily make this Lasagna for Four! Now that I’m typing this, I will be making this for my bestie and her hubby the next time they come for dinner. It’s a great dish that you can make ahead, leave it on the counter, pour you and your friends a cocktail, pop it in the oven and enjoy a nice night!
- 1 jar of pasta sauce, homemade is the best!
- 1 cup of part skim ricotta cheese
- 1 cup of fresh spinach, chopped
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup of part skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 4 lasagna noodles
- Salt and Pepper
- Baking Spray Butter
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- In a medium bowl mix together the egg, ricotta cheese, ½ cup of mozzarella cheese, spinach and salt and pepper.
- Spray a loaf pan with spray butter and spread sauce to cover the bottom.
- Place one noodle across the sauce and break another to fill in the spaces.
- Spread the ricotta mixture on top of the noodle spreading it out a much as you can.
- Layer two more time leading with the sauce, noodles and ricotta mixture. Finishing with a sprinkle of mozzarella cheese.
- Cover with tinfoil and bake for 40 min.
- Uncover and cook for another 5 minutes to brown the cheese.