Happy Mother’s Day to all of your Momma’s out there. I am bringing these Healthy Ham Salad Mini’s to our Sunday Supper celebration this weekend. Of course we are celebrating with our Mom’s and the menu is jam packed with goodness today. A special thanks to our new host, Camilla of Culinary Adventures With Camilla. She has been an amazing hostess with the mostess!
Today is a day to celebrate. A day to give thanks. A day to be grateful. Whether you are a mother yourself or if you are giving thanks to the woman who gave you life, present or past, it’s a day to reflect.
We all have our stories about Mom. Mine is special. When I lost my Dad 13 years ago I was a young 22 year old that had no idea what life was really about. I learned real fast. Not a day has gone by since then that my Mother hasn’t been my rock, my sounding board, my best friend. Six years ago my Mom gave me away at the alter to my new best friend, my husband. Now we live in our dream home with an in-law apartment. My Mom is a part of my life everyday. My children get to see their Nunney every day.
A year ago I made a change to be more healthy. I needed my gallbladder out and it was time to get rid of my baby weight once and for all. In the past few weeks my whole family, including my sister decided to follow my lead in this change with me. Whenever I make my own healthy salad dressing I make a batch for my Mom and sister. When I measure out my portions I measure them for my Mom and my husband, when I menu plan I include my Mom. We are again conquering something that is tough and life changing….together.
So today I decided to make a favorite sandwich of my Mom’s nice and healthy for her as we embark on this healthy journey together. Do you ever use greek yogurt as a healthy alternative with mixing ingredients or thickening recipes? Well you will now because these Healthy Ham Mini’s are amazing!
- 3 cups of cooked ham
- ¼ cup of reduced fat mayo
- 1 cup of non-fat greek yogurt
- ¼ cup of relish
- ½ red onion
- 10 slider buns
- Ground pepper to taste
- Add the first six ingredients to a food processor and pulse a few times. Add more/less greek yogurt to get to the consistency you prefer. Mix in ground pepper.
- Spoon 4-6 tbsp of ham salad to each bun and display.
- Hint: Add a plate of lettuce, tomato and pickles on a serving plate to allow people to make the sandwich to their own liking
Celebrate Mom with us today and check out the other recipes the Sunday Supper tastemakers brought to the celebration:
- Ginger Shandy by Nosh My Way
- La Vie en Rose by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Momma’s Mimosa by Our Good Life
Starters and Salads
- Cheese Bread by Ninja Baker
- Classic Basil Pesto Crostini by Cooking Chat
- Fennel and Radish Citrus Salad by Tasting Page
- Healthy Ham Salad Minis by Momma’s Meals
- Pate with Spiced Pears by The Joyful Foodie
- Pesto Pasta Salad by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Super Sunny Dutch Oven Sourdough by What Smells So Good?
- Blackberry Almond Mascarpone Stuffed French Toast by The Crumby Cupcake
- Broccoli Cheddar Frittata with Tomatoes by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Chicken and Pepper Rice with Fried Egg by Family Foodie
- Chicken Tajine with Prunes and Almonds by The Petit Gourmet
- Coriander Salmon with Capered Green Beans by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Dutch Baby Pancake by Curious Cuisiniere
- Goat Cheese Scrambled Eggs and Ramps in Puff Pastry by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Mimosa Waffles by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Mushroom Manchego Cream Filled Crepes by Lifestyle Food Artistry
- Parmesan Crusted Chicken with Arugula Salad by Casa de Crews
- Smoked Salmon & Shaved Asparagus Gruyere Quiche with a Pine Nut Crust by Simply Healthy Family
Treats and Sweets
- 5 Favorite Pancake Toppings by Sunday Supper
- Angel Food Cakes in a Jar by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Black Cow Cupcakes by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Blueberry Breakfast Cake by Noshing With The Nolands
- Bourbon Peach Frozen Yogurt by Food Lust People Love
- Cherry Cheesecake Pastry Braid by The Redhead Baker
- Crustless Creamy Blueberry Swirl Cheesecake by Magnolia Days
- Deluxe Salted Caramel Turtle Sundae by The Weekend Gourmet
- Gluten Free Strawberries and Cream Cake by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Lemon Blackberry Mini Tarts by Life Tastes Good
- Lemon Brownies by Pies and Plots
- Lower Fat Peach Cheesecake by Food Done Light
- Mini Chocolate Marshmallow Bombe Soufflé by Nik Snacks
- Mini Lemon Almond Cupcakes by Caroline’s Cooking
- Nutella Cheesecake Shooters by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Pavlova by The Freshman Cook
- Perfect Chocolate Cupcakes by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Raspberry Mascarpone Mini Tarts by Palatable Pastime
- Rose Apple Custard Tart by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Soft-Baked Lemon Coconut Cookies by One Sweet Mess
- Steamed Strawberry Coconut Poke Cake by Wallflour Girl
- Sunshine Lemon Cake Pop Bouquet by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Triple Chocolate Layer Cake by Take A Bite Out of Boca
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.