These Healthier Sausage Crescent Bites will be perfect for your entertaining needs this holiday season! It’s all about easy holiday entertaining today friends. Wether you entertain for a holiday party, attend a friends party or going to a school function we all are in need of some quick and easy recipes. I was inspired to make these bites of deliciousness after attending our first holiday party at a friends house a few weeks ago. I indulged in probably three or four, actually I have a confession, I made it my dinner that night!
My daughter started Kindergarten this year and it’s been a whirlwind of activities, functions and volunteering that has me pretty exhausted these days. All of a sudden bam! December was here. When I started to reflect back on the year that is coming to an end I realized how much I miss my Sunday Supper family. When I saw that this was the last event of the year I put on the breaks and made sure I was partaking in the fun! A special thank you to Caroline from Caroline’s Cooking for hosting this amazing holiday bash!
These Healthier Sausage Crescent Bites would make a great appetizer to put out at your holiday party and they are easy enough to make and take to a party. I even think they would be great enough to make for my Christmas brunch I make! Cook the sausage ahead of time and it’s even easier. I plan on cooking the sausage the day before Christmas and sometime that morning when their is a breath, if that exists with a three and six year old opening gifts, I’m going to get them all ready to just pop in the oven before our brunch! If your going to a party, get them ready, put them on throw away cookie sheets, wrap and cook at your friends house. If you don’t like spicy I highly suggest swapping out the jalapeño cream cheese for regular cream cheese, make it even healthier by using the greek yogurt cream cheese! I used Jennio O breakfast sausage because it’s lower in fat but feel free to use what you like.
- 1 lb of Jennie O breakfast sausage
- 4 oz. of jalapeño cream cheese
- 2 packages of pillsbury crescent dough
- butter spray
- Heat a medium skillet on low-medium heat and add the breakfast sausage.
- Cook the sausage breaking it up until it's no longer pink. Set aside and let it cool to the touch.
- Unroll the dough and form into a rectangle. Using a pizza cutter cut three lines down the length. Then cut 4 lines down horizontally making 12 even squares.
- Add a teaspoon of sausage to each square. Add a teaspoon of cream cheese on top of the sausage. Lift up the 4 corners of the square and squeeze at the top to perform a little cup.
- Repeat with the second tube of dough.
What are your holiday traditions? Do you visit family or friends or do you host? I love hearing what people are up to. Scroll down for more easy and yummy holiday recipes!
- 3 Ingredient Citrus Salad by Wholistic Woman
- Caprese Dip by The Freshman Cook
- Easy Persimmon Appetizer with Minted Mascarpone by Caroline’s Cooking
- Goat Cheese & Basil Stuffed Peppadews by My Life Cookbook
- Mom’s Cheese Ball by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Mushroom Pate by Simple and Savory
- Boozy Slow Cooker Hot Cocoa by Cricket’s Confections
- Cranberry Cocktails 3 Ways by Monica’s Table
- Sparkling Pamplemousse by Books n’ Cooks
- Candy Cane Fudge by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Easy Lemon Bundt Cake by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Pumpkin Nutella Cookie Bars by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Sweet and Salty Toffee Bark by Pies and Plots
- Cheese Ball Pops by Palatable Pastime
- Cranberry Bacon Jam Crostini by Life Tastes Good
- Cranberry Bratwurst Bites in Cranberry Jezebel Sauce by Turnips 2 Tangerines
- Healthier Sausage Crescent Bites by Momma’s Meals
- Hoisin Beef Purses by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Jalapeno Potato Poppers by Mindy’s Cooking Obsession
- Spicy Sausage Tarts by A Mind “Full” Mom
- St. Louis Ravioli by Bottom Left of the Mitten
- Tuna Salad Deviled Eggs by Food Lust People Love
- Loaded Pizza Stew by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Roast Chicken with Scallions and Mushrooms by Asian In America
- Simple Christmas Pizza by Cooking Chat
- Stuffed Turkey Cutlets by Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.