I am obsessed with making a “help yourself” bar at any party and I’ve even started making them at home for dinner because I have picky kiddo’s! If your not sure what a “help yourself” bar is I’ll fill you in by sharing this Grilled Pizza Flatbread Bar with you today for this weeks Sunday Supper theme. It’s all about Kids Favorite Recipes today and it’s being hosted by Ellen over at Family Around The Table, I had the pleasure of meeting Ellen at this years Food Wine Conference.
When I thought about what my kids favorite recipes are I instantly rolled my eyes because they are so plain jane. Plain like when we have pasta they don’t want any sauce just butter kind of plain. However, recently they both have ventured out there and actually will have pepperoni on their pizza. Wowzers, I know they are pretty adventurous these days huh! So I decided to set up a pizza bar using my favorite flatbread I buy from the local market down the street. It’s more of a bread than a pizza dough so I can throw it right on the grill!
It’s not so much a recipe I’m sharing today but more of an idea of how you can change up your classic grilled pizza. This Grilled Flatbread Pizza Bar will be fun for the whole family or party! I even decided to venture out there and make a dessert pizza! The kids absolutely loved it and so did my husband!
Grilled Flatbread Pizza Bar Ideas:
Classic Red Sauce (or try my easy homemade kind I always keep handy in the freezer)
Garlic and Olive Oil
Alfredo Sauce (try my lightened version)
Fresh Pesto (try my kale pesto for a lighter version)
Bacon, Pepperoni or any kind of meat
Freshly grated mozzarella
Freshly sliced mozzarella or mozzarella balls
- Flat Bread
- ¼ cup of greek yogurt cream cheese (whipped)
- 2 tbsp of nutella or hersey's spread
- blueberries, blackberries & strawberries
- 1 gogurt
- Mix together the cream cheese and hersey's spread.
- Spread the mixture on the flat bread.
- Add chosen fruit on top.
- Squeeze the yogurt over the top.
- Grill under medium heat for 10 minutes
I’m so excited to check out the rest of these kiddo friendly meals because I need some inspiration. I’m sick of the same ol same ol my kids insist on.
- Dueling Gyozas – Pork vs. Tofu by Food Lust People Love
- Kid-Approved Fruit Salsa with Cinnamon Chips by Dessert Geek
- S’mores Cheeseball by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Aunt Deborah’s Snickerdoodles by Family Around The Table
- Chocolate Frozen Custard by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Easy Homemade Strawberry Ice Cream by Where Latin Meets Lagniappe
- Easy Nutella Mousse by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Fairy Bread Funfetti Milkshakes by The Crumby Cake
- Grape Juice Jigglers by Sunday Supper Movement
- Gumdrop Cookies by What Smells So Good?
- Homemade Cherry Popsicles by Pies and Plots
- Japanese Peach Boy Ice Cream by The Ninja Baker
- Mango Creamsicles by The Redhead Baker
- No-Cook Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream by Hardly A Goddess
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Cupcakes by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- S’mores Cheesecake by The Freshman Cook
- Snickerdoodle Cookie Cinnamon Pecan Ice Cream Sandwiches by The Chef Next Door
- Turtle Poke Cake by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Whoopie Pies by Monica’s Table
- Broccoli Cheese Soup by Wholistic Woman
- Corn Dog Muffins by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Deep Dish Pizza Casserole by My World Simplified
- Grilled Pizza Flatbread Bar by Momma’s Meals
- How to Set Up a Hot Dog Bar by An Appealing Plan
- Lobster Gnocchi by Caroline’s Cooking
- Madison’s Shrimp Lasagna Rolls by Life Tastes Good
- Orecchiette Pasta with Creamy Alfredo Sauce by Pine Needles In My Salad
- Pasta Quattro Formaggi by La Bella Vita Cucina
- Slow Cooker Cauliflower Mac and Cheese by Dizzy Busy and Hungry
- Spaghetti and Meatball Casserole by Cooking with Carlee
- Tuna Salad Grinders by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Caprese Quesadillas by Simple and Savory
- Maple Brown Sugar Granola Clusters by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Waffle Parfait by Our Good Life
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.