This post is sponsored by Florida Strawberry Growers Association in conjunction with a social media campaign through Sunday Supper LLC. All opinions are my own.
Did you know that you can enjoy the taste of summer all winter long with Fresh from Florida Strawberries? You can enjoy fresh from Florida Strawberries December through April and I’m going to start you off with this Grilled Chicken Salad with Strawberry Balsamic Dressing that will make you run to the store. I love salads, I love strawberries and I love that they go hand in hand, you don’t have to just eat this dish during the Summer months. Florida Strawberries are in season now and since it only takes 8 medium strawberries to equal your daily requirement of vitamin C I think this salad is perfect for any occasion! Click here for more nutritional information.
The dressing was inspired from my love of balsamic. I’ve been making my own salad dressings for over a year now and I knew with just the simplest of ingredients this dressing could pack a good flavor that would make the strawberries the star of this salad. There are so many ways to enjoy strawberries. My favorites are in salads, dressings, smoothies, cereals and oatmeals. I am loving the recipes below because I’ve been dying to use strawberries in more of a savory way besides just in salads or dipped in chocolate. Though those will always be my favorite ways to enjoy them I look forward to getting in the kitchen because I know my kids love strawberries and making them a staple in our diet is key! I also recommend using this dressing to marinate your chicken or pork as well. It’s a great way to incorporate strawberries into your recipes and if you let your kiddo’s hit the blend button they feel like they are helping. I know for a fact that when both of my kids help in the easiest of ways, they actually eat dinner!
- 1¼ pound of Chicken Breast
- 1½ Cup of Fresh Florida Strawberries, separated
- 1½ tbsp of honey
- 1½ tbsp of balsamic dressing
- 2 tbsp of extra olive oil
- 4 slices of center cut bacon, cooked and crumbled
- ½ head of iceberg lettuce
- 2 cups of mixed greens (spinach, romaine, baby kale etc)
- 1 avocado
- Optional: Feta or Goat Cheese
- Make the chicken:
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper and grill on medium heat for 10 min (depending on how thick the chicken is. Flip and cook for another 8 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Set aside to prepare the rest of the salad.
- Arrange the salad:
- Mix the greens in a large bowl.
- Slice ½ cup of strawberries and place on the outer section of the salad.
- Slice and place the avocado around the strawberries.
- Once the chicken is cooled, cut into bitesize pieces and place in the center of the salad.
- Make the Dressing:
- In a blender place 1 cup of the strawberries and blend until smooth. Add the balsamic and honey and pulse to combine. Add the olive oil and blend for a minute or two.
- Crumble the bacon (and cheese if you choose) and serve!
I am so excited to be visiting Plant City, FL this weekend where I’m learning everything I can possibly learn about the deliciousness of Strawberries including how they are grown and the nutrition that stands behind them. For example, A serving of strawberries is also a decent source of potassium (7 percent of the daily value), sorely lacking in the modern American diet. Stay tuned because I’m going to follow up with details of my trip, the food we shared, all of the wonderful places we visited (links below) and more strawberry recipes of course!
Florida Strawberry Growers Association Website / Strawberry Sue Website / Epicurean Hotel Website Edge / Edge Rooftop Bar at Epicurean /Ava / Cask Social Kitchen /
Florida Strawberry on Facebook / Elevage / Bern’s Harry Waugh Dessert Room
Florida Strawberry on Twitter / Florida Strawberry on Instagram / Florida Strawberry on Pinterest Strawberry Sue on YouTube / Strawberry Sue on Twitter
Look at these recipes! Doesn’t everyone need a little Strawberry in their life?
- Strawberry Bee’s Knees by Go Epicurista
- Strawberries with Balsamic Glaze by Life Tastes Good
- Strawberry Hotteok (Fried Stuffed Pancake) by kimchi MOM
- Strawberry Salsa 2-Ways by Midlife Road Trip
- Strawberry and Cream Cheese Breakfast Pastries with a Strawberry Dipping Sauce by The Healthy Fit Foodie
- Grilled Chicken Salad with Strawberry Balsamic Dressing by Momma’s Meals
- Sparkling Strawberry Salad by Magnolia Days
- Strawberry Steak Salad by Family Foodie
Strawberry Main Dishes
- Chicken Fajitas with Strawberry-Jalapeno Salsa by Casa de Crews
- Roasted Balsamic Strawberries and Brie Grilled Sandwich by Sunday Supper Movement
- Savory Balsamic Roasted Strawberry and Basil Grilled Cheese by Pass The Sushi
- Strawberry Bruschetta Chicken by The Dinner-Mom
- Chocolate Strawberry Tart by Desserts Required
- Strawberry Cream Pie by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Strawberry Fraisier by Love and Confections
- Strawberry Upside-Down Cheesecake by The Crumby Cupcake
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.