Am I the only one who likes to have fun with their food? Especially for holidays or special occasions. Yes I keep food dye in my pantry for this very reason. My kids got pretty excited when they saw me making these Green Breakfast Omelet Bites. Of course I had to make theirs plain but I jazzed the others up to make it more of a filling all around healthy breakfast. The pan I used is actually a brownie pan but you can make these in your regular muffin tin. I wanted to try the brownie pan so they would be flatter than the muffin shape. I wanted to try and make breakfast sandwiches with them later on in the week. I just toasted some bread warmed a few of these up, add a slice of cheese and wala. Breakfast sandwich on the go!
All it takes is a few drops of green food coloring to turn your every day scrambled eggs into something fun! Add whatever veggies you and your family enjoys. Why spend money and waste time at the drive through down the street when you can easily make your own breakfast sandwiches. With Summer right around the corner and a family trip to Mexico planned in less than two weeks this Momma is looking to slim down. I serve two of these green breakfast omelet bites with a side of wheat toast and some sliced strawberries and bam I’m full and fueled to start my day. Oh and my new secret weapon is chicken bacon! I’ve been using it in my scrambled eggs, salads and topped on chili’s. It’s lower in calories and fat and I think it tastes way better than turkey bacon.
This week the Sunday Supper tastemakers are making Healthy Green Recipes for Saint Patrick’s Day! How I could I not take part! Don’t forget to scroll down and check out the other green inspired dishes! A special thanks to Christie from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures for hosting this week! It’s been awhile since I’ve been around the Sunday Supper table but it feels good to be back sharing food again.
- 6 eggs
- ½ cup of skim milk
- 1 cup of broccoli slaw
- 4 slices of bacon
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Heat a medium skillet on low-medium heat and add the broccoli slaw. Drizzle the oil over it and mix to combine. Cook mixing it around for 5 minutes. Remove and set aside. Add the bacon and cook until crispy. Transfer to a plate lined with a paper towel. Cool and crumble.
- In a bowl combine the eggs and milk. Scramble to combine.
- Grease a brownie (or muffin) pan with spray butter.
- Add a little crumbled bacon to each tin. Add a tbsp. or so of broccoli slaw on top of the bacon.
- Pour the egg mixture into each tin making 12.
- Add a piece of spinach on top of each tin.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until the eggs are set.
- Get Your Greens Smoothie by Hardly A Goddess
- Green Breakfast Omelet Bites by Momma’s Meals
- Green Eggs and Ham by Feeding Big
- Green Scrambled Eggs with Ham by Cricket’s Confections
- Kuku Sabzi – Persian Herb Frittata by Caroline’s Cooking
- Matcha Overnight Oats by Brunch-n-Bites
- Southwest Breakfast Spinach Wrap by The Freshman Cook
- Super Green Smoothie by Simple and Savory
Must Make Main Dishes
- Chicken Paillard Arugula Truffle Salad by Family Foodie
- Gambian Spinach with Peanut Sauce by Tara’s Multicultural Table
- Grilled Lettuce and Steak Salad by Sunday Supper Movement
- Pan Roasted Cod on Spinach Basil Risotto with Lemon Butter Sauce by Positively Stacey
- Poached Cod with Pesto Wine Sauce by Life Tastes Good
- Potato Leek Skillet Pizza by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Sautéed Garlic and Parmesan Chicken With Spinach by My Sweet Savings
- Skinny Reuben Wraps with Homemade 1000 Island Dressing by For the Love of Food
- Tequila Chicken Salad by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Brussels Sprout and Kale Salad by Pies and Plots
- Green Goddess Bibb Salad by Palatable Pastime
- Pixie Dust Salad with Avocados, Pixie Tangerines and Radishes by Shockingly Delicious
- Quinoa Tabbouleh by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Sesame Wedge Salad with Key Lime Vinaigrette & Pickled Green Tomatoes by Gourmet Everyday
- Shades of Green Salad by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Zucchini Carpaccio Salad by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Colcannon by Wholistic Woman
- Green Goddess Dip by From the Bookshelf
- Grilled Cabbage with Spicy Lime Dressing by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Irish Cabbage by Turnips 2 Tangerines
- Miso Roasted Broccoli by Life Currents
- Pistachio Parmesan Oven Fries by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts by Books n’ Cooks
- Soy Glazed Sugar Snap Peas by Food Lust People Love
- Spinach Tots by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Warm Brussels Sprout Slaw by Jersey Girl Cooks
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.