Happy Sunday everyone!! Even though New England’s Football team didn’t make it this year to the Superbowl I still wanted to take part in this weeks even for a few reasons. One, I miss #SundaySupper, I took a few weeks off and two because of the theme!! Game Day treats! This event is being hosted by Heather over at Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks. Thanks for hosting Heather! I will use every and all excuses to make snacks! I love making snacks, a bunch of things to pick on when having family and friends over. I’ll admit, football and I, we don’t get along. I’ve tried numerous times to understand the game, I’m not sure if it’s because I just like to talk too much and I can’t pay attention or if I simply just don’t get it! I don’t mind baseball and hockey because I get it……I don’t mind watching a game here and there with my husband, however using every excuse I can to prep, cook and eat some awesome snacks, makes me like any Game Day! Hey it’s a win win for anyone that comes to my house for a game, they know they will always get yummy goodies. When I entertain with friends or family I often put together a few dishes because I just love making Appetizers. The Appetizers posted here are only maybe a third of what I’ve actually made, however I do tend to always make the same ones. That brings me to the dish I decided to share with you today.
Who doesn’t love a good nacho?? So why not set up a Nacho bar and serve toppings so everyone can make them to their own liking. I’ve served this a few times now at family parties so let me walk you through what I do. For the main ingredients you only need three things. A bag of tortilla chips, a block of Velveeta cheese and a can of Rotel tomatoes with green chili’s in them. (you can by Rotel diced tomatoes without the chili’s as well, I’ve made it that way too.) Simple isn’t it??!
The rest is up to you! What toppings do you like on your nacho’s? Make a small dish of each prepared topping and put them out with your Nacho’s. I find that when I use my crockpot to make the cheese it stays warm and melts really well in it. I then transfer it to my appetizer crockpot warmer but you can always just keep it in a crock pot. I like my appetizer warmer because I can add ground seasoned meats in the other two! Here is what you will need to set up your bar:
16 oz of Velveeta Cheese (they make reduced fat now too!)
1 can of Rotel diced tomatoes with chili’s
1 bag of your favorite nacho chips
Ground beef seasoned with taco seasoning
Diced chicken seasoned with fajita seasoning
You name it you can put it on Nacho’s! I made a plate for my husband and I for NYE this year, I just used what I had in the house and put it on a large serving plate and we dug in. When serving it to friends it’s nice because they can put whatever toppings they like on it. Hey some people can be picky with their Nacho’s, me not so much. This is a good excuse for me to use my cutesy small dishes I have! Now dig in!
Grab your grocery list because you are going to want to make some of these dishes for your next Game Day Celebration! It’s not too late to go pick up some things now for today’s game!
Make sure you check out all the Game Day deliciousness we are sharing this Sunday!
Game Day Appetizers:
- Honey Mustard Pretzel Crunch from Shockingly Delicious
- Salt and Vinegar Wings from Casa de Crews
- Saucy Wings and Thighs from Hot Momma’s Kitchen Chaos
- Macaroni and Cheese Spring Rolls from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Steak Rolls from Cravings of a Lunatic
- Alpine Sliders from Manu’s Menu
- Hellfire Wings from Yours and Mine Are Ours
- Easy Nacho Bar from Momma’s Meals
- Jalapeno Popper Taquitos from Curious Cuisiniere
- Skinny Game Day Guacamole Potato Skins from Daily Dish Recipes
- Buffalo Chicken Lasagna Cups from Alida’s Kitchen
- Spinach-Stuffed Jalapeno Poppers from La Cocina de Leslie
- BBQ Veggie Mini Burgers from Happy Baking Days
- Spicy Roasted Corn Shrimp Dip from Food Lust People Love
- Honey-Sriracha Pigs in a Blanket from Hip Foodie Mom
- Beer Cheese Fondue from Melanie Makes
- Cheesy Artichoke and Garlic Bread from La Bella Vita Cucina
- Whole Wheat Pepperoni Pizza Bites from Meal Planning Magic
- Personal Chili Pots from MealDiva
- Italian Spring Rolls from Noshing with The Nolands
- Mexican Meatballs with Queso Blanco from Cooking on the Ranch
- Parmigiano Crisps from The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Buffalo Chicken Potstickers from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Mediterranean Nachos from The Little Ferraro Kitchen
- Chinese Barbecue Wings from girlichef
- Mini Veggie Quesadillas from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Roasted Tomato Hummus from The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Cashew Baba Ghanoush : Roasted Eggplant Dip from Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Buffalo Chicken Wing Dip Potato Skins from Family Foodie
- Lemon Bay Pan Roasted Shrimp from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventure
- Honey Sesame Seed Crackers from Kudos Kitchen By Renee
Game Day Entrees:
- Super Sloppy Joes from The Foodie Army Wife
- Buffalo Chicken Chili from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Mini Meatball and Mozzarella Sandwiches from Cookin’ Mimi
- Super Bowl Bento from Ninja Baking
- Vegetarian “Chorizo” and Black Bean Chili from Foxes Love Lemons
- Twice Baked Chili Cheese Potatoes from Neighborfood
- Barbecue Chicken Sloppy Sandwiches from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Easy Vegetarian Chili from Delaware Girl Eats
- Game Day Chili from Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Dr. Pepper Turkey Chili from The Texan New Yorker
Game Day Desserts:
- Heavenly Hash Cookies from The Foodie Patootie
- Cookie Dough Billionaire Bars from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Chocolate Streusel Bars from Magnolia Days
- Coffee Chocolate Swirl Cheesecake Squares from Desserts Required
- Microwave Caramel Popcorn from Pies and Plots
- Mini Coconut Cups from Basic N Delicious
- Triple Chocolate S’mores Brownies from Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Cracker Jack Candy from What Smells So Good?
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter every Sunday!
We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world.
Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag
and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat.
Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy! You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.