I came up with these Easy Homemade Ice Cream Sandwiches for my sisters birthday. I froze a whole batch and even had a few to pull out three weeks later for my sons birthday. I figured they have to be a tad closer to “healthy” (as much as these sweet treats can be healthy) than the store bought ones in the frozen isle.
I bought the cookies, but you could very well make your own. I bought frozen orange sherbet because it’s non-fat and has way less sugar than regular ice cream. I had the chocolate chips and sprinkles at home already so it really was an easy make. I was able to take a candle and make a small little insert hole on the top cookie of two of the sandwiches before I froze them. I had to make a place to put the candle when singing Happy Birthday!
- Orange Sherbet (or ice cream of your choice)
- chips a hoy cookies (or cookies of your choice)
- chocolate chips
- Let ice cream sit for 5-10 minutes on the counter.
- Arrange the cookies on a baking pan.
- In two separate bowls pour sprinkles and chocolate chips.
- Top each cookie with a scoop of ice cream. Top with another cookie and press down being sure to not break the cookie. Use a spoon to smooth the ice cream over and even push it in if need be.
- Roll the ice cream part of the cookie in either sprinkles or chocolate chips.
- Place on the baking sheet and freeze for at least an hour.
- Individually wrap each one for a quick and easy treat on the go! Or use it as a birthday treat like we did.