Just when I thought the Sunday Supper group couldn’t get any more creative with choosing a theme. These Tantalizing Trays will have you all crazy over deciding which dish your going to make for your next gathering, cookout, party or just for a good ol’ fashion snack! This event is being hosted by Conni over at The Foodie Army Wife, thanks so much for gathering us around your family table this week Conni!
I knew what I wanted to make when I first found out about this event. I put a spin on an old family favorite. Each Christmas we’d all bring an appetizer or dish of some kind. My aunt would always bring her cucumber sandwiches. I’ve made them so many different ways lately it’s gotten real fun. No matter what I always get compliments on them. To top it all off it’s healthy too! Anyone who knows me knows that I love entertaining, if your anything like me this is the perfect tray to bring to your next party! Some grocery stores sell Pepperidge Farm’s Rye bread in a square form that comes in the perfect package for these sandwiches. I haven’t been near a grocery store since I moved that sells them so I have been improvising by buying Rye bread and using a circle cookie cutter to cut out the sandwiches. I also use the crusts to make homemade croutons! Get creative if you’d like to use different shaped cookie cutters. I’m going to try and make these in cute shapes to see if I can get my picky daughter to eat a few!
Makes: 18 Sandwiches
1 loaf of Rye bread 8 oz of whipped chive cream cheese (makes it easier for spreading)
1 large english cucumber, peeled and sliced in disks
Fresh chives (optional)
Using a circle cookie cutter, cut a circle in each slice of bread. Save the crust for croutons!
Spread 1-2 tbsp of cream cheese on each circle.
Place 2 cucumbers on each sandwich, if you have a large regular cucumber you may only need one.
Sprinkle dill (or use fresh dill!) on top of each sandwich.
Garnish with fresh chives and refrigerate until your ready to serve.
Mix cream cheese with a packet of ranch dressing and spread on top of bread.
Mix cream cheese with a packet of italian seasoning and spread on top of bread.
Use veggie cream cheese.
OK lets see what other Tantalizing Trays were brought to this weeks family table!
- Antipasto Skewers by Simply Gourmet
- Bite-Sized Meatballs by MealDiva
- BLT Bites by The Life and Loves of Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- BLT Canapes by Peaceful Cooking
- BLT Crostini with Basil Mayonnaise by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Blueberry Jam and Goat Cheese Crostini by Casa de Crews
- Brie and Tomato Bruschetta by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Cajun Deviled Eggs by Peanut Better and Peppers
- Charcuterie Board by Family Foodie
- Cheese-Filled Apple Rounds by eatingininstead
- Coquilles St. Jacques by Nosh My Way
- Crudite Platter with Copycat Hidden Valley Ranch Dip by Hot Momma’s Kitchen Chaos
- Crunchy Tuna Salad Boats by A Mama, Baby & Shar-pei in the Kitchen
- Cucumber Sandwiches by Momma’s Meals
- Feta Zucchini Bites by Curious Cuisiniere
- Gluten Free Thai Soup Shooters by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Goat Cheese Stuffed Figs by Eat, Drink and be Tracy
- Heirloom Caprese Salad by Shockingly Delicious
- Jalapeño Mac ‘n Cheese Bites by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- The Modern Relish Tray by An Appealing Plan
- Mostarda di Frutta by Rhubarb and Honey
- Pimento Cheese Stuffed Peppers by Magnolia Days
- Ploughman’s Platter for a Party by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Puff Pastry Cheese Sticks by Basic N Delicious
- Rye Party Puffs by Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Southwestern Turkey Sliders by The Texan New Yorker
- Spinach and Mushroom Pizza Bites by The Dinner-Mom
- Tomato Basil Soup Shooters by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Zucchini and Summer Squash Crostini by Hip Foodie Mom
- Alice in Wonderland Sugar Cookies by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Baked Lemon Glazed Mini Donuts by Killer Bunnies Inc.
- Chocolate Oreo Pocky Cupcakes, Cake, and Morello Cherry Buttercream by NinjaBaking
- French Silk Shooters by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- German Chocolate Brownie Bites by Wallflour Girl
- Mini Banana Nutella Cheesecake Parfaits (#glutenfree option) by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Raspberry Fools by The Foodie Army Wife
- Strawberry Shortcake Dessert Shooters by The Redhead Baker
- Vegan Caramel Truffles by What Smells So Good?
- White Chocolate Peanut Butter & Banana Bites by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Witchy Chocolate Mousse with Culinary Fairy Dust by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.