Take your snacking to a whole new level with these Chipotle Sweet Potato Chips. I’ve made them a few times now and I think I’ve finally finally perfected them. I’ve been baking vegetables all different ways to master the perfect chip so I can snack without the guilt. The first time I made them half of my batch came out not so crunchy. It’s hard to get it spot on so I’m here to tell you just how to! You get the crunch and you get the feeling of snacking on something that is not so bad for you by…..wait for it……the big secret to making crispy chips……..wait for it……. bake it slowly! Slow and steady wins the race. You almost want them burnt even. Don’t be intimidated! I think the only thing that is not so good about these chips is that they go fast! I used my new spiralizer to make these, one of the blades actually makes a chip but you can use any slicer or dicer- mandoline you may have on hand, you can cut by hand but they need to be very thin.
This weeks Sunday Supper theme is all about those Root Vegetables. What kind of root vegetables are your favorite? I’ve experimented so much with vegetables this season and it opened up my eyes that I need to keep trying new things! You have to try my Roasted Potatoes with Beets or try the best Stir Fry you could ever have using fresh Ginger. Sooooo good! I’m happy to say I’ve finally tried beets! A special thanks to my friend Cindy over at Cindy’s Recipes and Writings for hosting this week. Don’t they look amazing.
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled, sliced very thin.
- chipotle seasoning
- extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt
- Ketchup (optional)
- Horseradish sauce (optional)
- Preheat Oven to 200F.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and lay out the chips being sure to not over lap any of them.
- Using a marinating brush lightly coat with oil. Season with sea salt and chipotle seasoning, it's up to you on how much to use, we like a kick!
- Bake for 2-3 hours keeping an eye on them until they are crisp, almost burnt.
- Cool and serve.
Don’t forget to get your veggie on by checking out all of the other recipes below from the Sunday Supper Tastemakers.
- Chipotle Sweet Potato Chips from Momma’s Meals
- Roasted Beet Hummus from And She Cooks
- Roasted Root Vegetable Salad with Cranberry Vinaigrette from Nik Snacks
- Roasted Parsnip, Carrot and Garlic Soup from Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Roasted Sweet Potato Soup from Magnolia Days
- Root Vegetable Soup with Herb Croutons from An Appealing Plan
- Waffled Carrot Latkes from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Carrot Cake Baked Oatmeal from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Carrot Cake Smoothie from Brunch-n-Bites
- Carrot Cake Waffles from Alida’s Kitchen
- Sweet Potato Biscuits with Beetroot Orange Marmalade from Dad Whats 4 Dinner
- Sweet Potato Biscuit and Sausage Gravy Skillet Bake from The Texan New Yorker
- Bacon-Potato Torte from Tramplingrose
- Beef & Root Vegetable Hand Pastries from Gate to Plate
- Beet, Blue Cheese and Bacon Pizza from Caroline’s Cooking
- Beet Pesto from Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Celery Root, Apple and Gorgonzola Flat Bread Pizza from Simply Healthy Family
- Hearty Stew Hand Pies from The TipToe Fairy
- Roasted Root Vegetable Panzanella Salad from The Chef Next Door
- Root Vegetable and Beef Flatbread from Family Foodie
- Roasted Vegetable Borscht from The Crumby Cupcake
- Shepherd’s Pie Loaded Baked Potatoes from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Skillet Breakfast Potatoes from Life Tastes Good
- Sweet Potato Pancakes from Our Good Life
- Turnip Rutabaga and Root Veggie Beef Stew from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Wild Rice Vegetable Bake from Wholistic Woman
- Baked Potato Wedges with Parmesan and Garlic from Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Beet, Greens and Goat Cheese Gratin from Monica’s Table
- Boxty (Irish Potato Pancakes) from Curious Cuisiniere
- Browned Butter Braised Baby Turnips from Food Lust People Love
- Caprese Twice Baked Potatoes from Seduction in the Kitchen
- Carrot Ribbon and Orange Salad from Pies and Plots
- Celery Root Gratin with Horseradish Cream from The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Italian Roasted Rosemary and Garlic Potatoes from La Bella Vita Cucina
- Gogoma Jorim (Korean Soy-braised Sweet Potatoes) from kimchi MOM
- Honey Dijon Roasted Carrots from Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Jicama Home Fries from Casa de Crews
- Lemon Thyme Au Gratin Potatoes from Vintage Kitty
- Moroccan Harissa Potatoes from Palatable Pastime
- Roasted Balsamic Carrots from Confessions of a Cooking Diva
- Roasted Root Vegetable Farro from Cooking Chat
- Roasted Rosemary Potatoes (with make-ahead tip) from Meal Planning Magic
- Root Vegetable Mash from Feeding Big and more
- Rooty Dauphinoise from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Smashed Potatoes from Taste And See
- Smoked Sausage Potato Casserole from Kitchen Gidget
- Spicy Carrots & Potatoes from Sweet Mornings
- Sweet Potato Shoestring Fries from Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Winter Salad with Fennel, Apples, Goat Cheese and Radishes from Delaware Girl Eats
- Best Ever Carrot Cake from Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Carrot Cake Cheesecake from Angels Home Sweet Homestead
- Carrot Cake Whoopie Pies from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Carrot Cookies from The Freshman Cook
- Chocolate Carrot & Squash Muffins from What Smells So Good?
- Homemade Carrot Cake from Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Iced Beet Cake from Beauty and the Beets
- Gluten Free Carrot Cake from Real Food Real Deals
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement