It’s that special day of the week again my dear friends! Sunday has quickly approached and it’s time to sit down and have a nice family dinner together. What is cooking in your kitchen?
Well I know what’s cooking in mine and what’s cooking in all of my foodie friends kitchens! Tonight’s theme is Mexican baby! Oh ya, you heard me! I wanted to try something different because I’ve made Enchilada’s, queso dip, Empenada’s, taco’s, and even Chicken Enchilada Soup! I should have a Mexican Page! Well maybe just a Mexican Post naming my Mexican dishes. There has never been a time that I’ve made a Mexican dish and didn’t like it. So this time I wanted to make an actual meal out of it. Something different. I wanted to incorporate Queso with chicken!! Wala! I found this recipe and changed it up a bit to make it a full meal. I added corn and beans to it and served it with Broccoli to make it a great dish. Trust me you don’t want to miss this Fiesta!!
This week, Heather over at girlichef is hosting!! How cute of a name is that first of all! Thanks so much for hosting this great Fiesta Heather!! These dishes look amazing! You’ve got your drinks, your apps, your main dishes and your sweet endings! First let me show you what I’ve cooked up for you!
Chicken Con Queso
Adapted From: Food.Com
1 10 oz can of Cream of Chicken Soup
1 1/2 Cups of shredded cheese (I used 6 blend reduced fat)
2/3 Cups of evaporated Milk
4.5 oz Can of green chilis
2 Large Scallions, chopped
1 1/2 Cups of tortilla chips, crushed
1 lb of chicken breasts, chopped (You can also use left over chicken from another dish)
1 small can of corn, drained
1 can of black beans (I used Cannelini because it’s what I had)
Salt & Pepper
What to do:
Cook the chicken first using salt, pepper and red pepper flakes (this adds a little kick, it is a Mexican dish after all!) **This is where I would sprinkle the chicken with some taco seasoning next time I make this dish.)
While that is cooking, in a large mixing bowl, combine the soup, cheese, milk, chili’s, beans, corn and scallions all together. Add the chicken to the mixture once it’s cooked through and stir well. **This is also where I would stir in some more taco seasoning.”
Spray a casserole dish with cooking spray, crunch the chips and layer them on the bottom of the dish.
Bake at 350F for 20 minutes or until you see it bubble around the edges.
Dip in. Scoop. ENJOY!
Now to send you off with some other great Mexican inspired dishes to go and try (like right now!) my foodie friends have done an outstanding job preparing these dishes for you!
Sopas (Soups), Ensaladas (Salads), and Entremeses (Starters)
- Chicken Tortilla Soup – The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Mexican Paint Soup – Crispy Bits & Burnt Ends
- Jalapeño Popper Dip – Chocolate Moosey
- Vegan Tortilla Soup – Galactosemia in PDX
- Texas Caviar – Ruffles and Truffles
- Cheese-Stuffed Jalapeños w/ a Tequila Sunrise – Mama’s Blissful Bites
- Mexican 7 Layer Dip & Chips – The Daily Dish Recipes
- Stoplight Salsa Reisipe – Family Foodie
- Tortilla Soup with Roasted Vegetables – Diabetic Foodie
- Mini Taco Salads – Big Bear’s Wife
La Comida (the food)
- Fiesta en tu Boca Enchiladas (Chicken & White Bean Enchiladas w/ Salsa Verde) – The Hand That Rocks the Ladle
- Gluten-Free Chicken Spinach Artichoke Enchiladas for #SundaySupper – Cooking Underwriter
- Mexican Fiesta for #SundaySupper: Chipotle Chicken & 3 Bean Quesadillas w/ Wasabi Guacamole and Mango Salsa – Chattering Kitchen
- Carnitas – My Catholic Kitchen
- Tamale Pie – Noshing with the Nolands
- Eggs Motuleños – The Meltaways
- Grilled Fish Tacos with Black Bean and Corn Salsa – Small Wallet Big Appetite
- Carne Asada – Magnolia Days
- Carnitas Avocado Pizza with Chipotle Avocado Mayonnaise Drizzle – Damn Delicious
- Frijoles Charros (Cowboy Beans) – La Cocina de Leslie
- Puerco Pibil – girlichef
- BLT Quesadillas with Avocado Mayo – Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Chile Rellenos with Roasted Tomato Sauce – Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Tamales with Green Chili Sauce – Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts
- Beef and Vegetable Enchiladas – Hezzi D’s Books and Cooks
- Chicken Con Queso – Momma’s Meals
- Baked Flautas – Home Cooking Memories
- Chunky Aztec Chocolate Granola – What Smells So Good?
- Street Tacos Al Pastor – Sustainable Dad
- Shrimp Tacos – Pippi’s in the Kitchen Again
- Chile Relleno with Ranchero Sauce – The Little Ferraro Kitchen
- Zippy Chipotle Shrimp & Mango Tostadas – Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Pork Tacos – Tora’s Real Food
- Stuffed Sopapillas – Juanita’s Cocina
- Chicken Fajitas – Cravings of a Lunatic
- Blue Crab Tacos – Pescetarian Journal
- Huevos Rancheros – Comfy Cuisine
- Chocolate Cinnamon Flan – Vintage Kitchen Notes
- Caramel Apple Enchiladas for a Mexican Fiesta #SundaySupper – In the Kitchen with KP
- Chilli Chocolate Truffles – Happy Baking Days
- Horchata Ice Cream & Churro Brownies – Kwistin’s Favorites
- Strawberry Empanadas – In the Kitchen with Audrey and Maureen
- Plantain Fritters – From Fast Food to Fresh Food
- Fried Cinnamon Sugar Tortillas – The Watering Mouth
- Beer Margaritas – That Skinny Chick can bake
- Hatch Chile Margarita – Shockingly Delicious
- Skinny & Spicy Watermelon Margaritas – I Run for Wine
- Refreshing Kiwi Lime Margarita – Mama Mommy Mom
- Wine Pairings for a Mexican Fiesta #SundaySupper – ENOFYLZ
Please be sure you join us on Twitter throughout the day (this coming Sunday, September 16) during #SundaySupper. We’ll be meeting up at 7:00 pm (Eastern) for our weekly #SundaySupper live chat where we’ll talk about our favorite recipes for a Mexican Fiesta! All you have to do is follow the#SundaySupper hashtag, or you can follow us through TweetChat! We’d also love to feature your Mexican Fiesta recipes on our #SundaySupper Pinterest board and share them with all of our followers!