Well it’s officially football season guys……and gals. I’ve heard plenty of my girlfriends comment “I’ve officially lost my husband to football!!” It’s funny my husband wasn’t really a football fan when I met him (I think it was a trick) but within the past few years he’s become, well lets say a football fan! AH!! It works for me because I set myself up in the kitchen for the day and then we are both happy. Yes I just admitted it, I use Football as a reason to make some really great yummy dishes. Mine as well make the best of it! So today’s theme for #SundaySupper is Tailgating parties and all the wonderful food that comes along with it. Heck yeah I was getting involved with this one, and let me tell you……….the recipes for this theme……….AMAZING!!! Lane over at Supper for a Steal is hosting this week! She’s got some great recipes and well……..DEALS! I chose not only a Chili but a Chicken Chili because I’ve always wanted to make one, I’ve made so many kinds of Chili’s, one because I love it and two because my husband always challenges me to make it “hotter”. Well I realized that though I may never get it hot enough for him, I have finally gotten it to just the right temperature for me!
Earlier this summer I got these dried chili’s and never used them, I forgot I had them! I pulled them out as I was making this dish and quickly looked up what I could do with them and how I could add them to this chili, especially since I forgot my Chili Powder up at our camp so I felt like I needed to improvise! unfortunately since I didn’t put a lot of time and effort into researching it ahead of time it didn’t work well when I blended it. It was still thick and pasty so I only added about 2 tbsp of the blended chili however……..I did add some of the water from soaking the chili’s. Did you know you can soak Chili’s? I didn’t know that, I added about 1/4 Cup of that water and when I blended the chili and garlic, I added about 2 tbsp. of that into it, you don’t have to do this part but I thought I would still mention it. Here are my Chili’s soaking in water.
And my Chili’s I blended with some of that water and garlic.
Recipe Adapted From: Budget Savvy Diva
What You Need:
2 cans white beans ( rinsed) I used Cannellini & Great Northern
1 can corn, drained
1 can Rotel, undrained
1 package ranch dressing mix
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp onion powder
1 8 oz package light cream cheese
2 chicken breasts
1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper (I used Hot Shot)
1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon of pepper
1/2 teaspoon of white pepper
2 Garlic cloves minced
1 Jalapeno Pepper, Chopped
Pinch of Cinnamon
It’s as simple as throwing all of the ingredients into the crock pot! I obviously chopped my hot pepper up first. Feel free to add as many as you’d like, I may add a few more next time!
Here is a picture of everything in the crock……..simple simple. Mix it all around and then add the chicken breasts on top of everything and sink them down into everything.
Then add the cream cheese right on top. Don’t even worry about mixed it in, it needs to melt.
I cooked this for 8 hours on low, I took the chicken out after 7 and shredded it, trust me at this point it shreds real easy! I put it back in and blended the cream cheese (it breaks up real easy at this point, if it already hasn’t) I then let it cook for another hour to let it all blend together!
Feel free to serve whatever you like on top, sour cream, green onions, or even crumbled nacho chips!!
Join us on Sunday as we share our favorite tailgate recipes and tips. Hop on twitter at 7pm EST for the live #SundaySupper chat.
Pre Game Warm-ups:
- Sausage Balls by My Catholic Kitchen
- Edamame Hummus by Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Slow Cooker Rueben Dip by The Meltaways
- Buffalo Wing Hummus by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Smokey Guacamole with Bacon by Family Spice
- Pepperoni & Mozzarella Pull Apart by In the Kitchen with KP
- Boneless Honey BBQ Chicken Wings by Juanita’s Cocina
- Candied Pecans by From Fast Food to Fresh Food
- Crispy Coconut Chicken Strips with Sweet Chili Sauce by Crispy Bits & Burnt Ends
- Swabian Mini Meatballs (Schwaebische Mini Fleischkuechle) by Galactosemia in PDX
- Joe Montana’s Touchdown Guacamole by Noshing with the Nolands
- Cheddar Cheese Jalapeno Bites by Mama.Mommy.Mom.
- Hot & Spicy Popcorn Chicken by My Trials in the Kitchen
- Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers by Real Best Recipe
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Bites by Family Foodie
- Soft Pretzels with Spicy Beer Cheese Sauce by girlichef
- Indian Spiced Chicken Meatballs by Soni’s Food for Thought
- Game Day Loaded Nachos by The Messy Baker
- Buffalo Chicken Dip by Home Cooking Memories
- Southwestern Spring Rolls by Supper for a Steal
- Pepperoni Pizza Puffs by Comfy Cuisine
- Roasted Garlic Bacon Dip with Easy Homemade Tortilla Chips by Daily Dish Recipes
- Beer Battered Spiced Sweet Potato Lentil Fritters by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
On the Sidelines:
- Anne’s Best Potato Salad with Bacon and Peas by Webicurean
- Papa’s Potato Salad & Baked Beans by Kwistin’s Favorites
- Simple Roasted Purple Potatoes by Ruffles and Truffles
- Spicy BBQ Baked Beans by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Gluten Free Breakfast Sandwich by Cooking Underwriter
- Pollo Adobado con Papas (Adobo Chicken with Potatoes) by La Cocina de Leslie
- Poor Man’s Burrito by Shockingly Delicious
- Ham and Mushroom Handpies by Vintage Kitchen Notes
- Individual Muffuletta Sandwiches by Magnolia Days
- Far East Steak Salad by Diabetic Foodie
- Italian Sloppy Joes by The Weekend Gourmet
- Hot Chicken Chili by Momma’s Meals
- Biscuit Sloppy Joes by Sustainable Dad
- Hawaiian Chicken Wraps by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Grandpa Sal’s Sausage and Peppers by Daddy Knows Less
- Fancy Filet Chili by I Run for Wine
- Homemade Italian Sausage by The Little Ferraro Kitchen
- Jalapeno Crockpot Chili by Mama’s Blissful Bites
- Flavorful Fall Marinade by Midlife Road Trip
- Moose Chili by Mrs. Mama Hen
- Peanut Butter-Stuffed Chocolate Cookies by Chocolate Moosey
- Streusel Topped Pumpkin Bread by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Zucchini Cupcakes by In the Kitchen with Audrey
- Oven-Baked Churros by Small Wallet Big Appetite
- Swirl Nutella Cupcakes by Basic N Delicious
- Peanut Butter and Pretzel Truffles by Gotta Get Baked
From the Cooler:
- Sparkling Tropical Lemonade by Dinners. Dishes, and Desserts
- Strawberry Horchata by Damn Delicious
- Bloody Mary Gazpacho by 30AEats
- MVP Bloody Mary Bar by An Appealing Plan
Wine Pairings by Wine Everyday