Who likes it hot hot hot? Do you prefer a little bit of heat and a little bit of sweet? If your answering yes to these questions than this Sunday Supper theme is just for you! My husband loves anything hot so this Buffalo Chicken & Lentil Stuffed Pepper was made just for him. The hotter the better, and though I may have to take a Zantac with some of the dishes I make for my hot shot of a husband I love a good kick too! Adding Buffalo sauce to anything usually does the trick for us. Adding celery and carrots only came natural to me because when I think of buffalo anything I think of the carrots and celery on the side to dip. Of course I didn’t think of that until after I made this dish, a bit of blue cheese or ranch dressing should have been drizzled on the top and I bet it would have been even more delicious than it actually was! It easily stuffs four peppers but with the leftovers I made lettuce cups with the filling! It was SO good. Or you could probably stuff six peppers and pass on the leftover filling.
Of course we can’t let today go by without saying Happy Mother’s Day to all of the Momma’s out there. I for one love the conversation I had with my five year old this week, this is how it went:
Me: So it’s Mother’s Day this weekend what have you got planned for Momma?
Madison: Daddy already bought your gift and it’s little. It came in a package in the mail this week.
Me: Oh well don’t tell me what it is Momma loves surprises, what are you going to do for Momma?
Madison: When is Father’s Day?
Me: Oh Daddy’s Day is next month in June.
Madison: Well when is Kids day then?
Me: Oh honey Kids day is everyday.
Trust me when I say the conversation went on but I was talking to myself at that point. So a special thanks to today’s host Sarah of The Chef Next Door for putting together this “Hot” event. Don’t forget to check out the rest of the recipes that may “tickle” your fancy.
- 4 peppers (green, yellow or orange work!)
- 3 celery stalks, chopped into small pieces
- 3 carrots, julienned and chopped
- 1 lb. of ground chicken
- ½ cup of hot sauce
- ½ cup of cooked brown rice
- ½ cup of cooked brown lentils
- ½ cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- In a medium skillet at the celery and carrots over medium heat. Drizzle with olive oil and saute for 8-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile cut the top of each pepper off and deseed. Bring a large pot of water to boil and add the peppers, boil for 3 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Add the ground chicken, breaking it up and cooking for another 10 minutes. Add half of the hot sauce and mix to combine. Add the rice and lentils, mix to combine. Add the rest of the hot sauce and mix to combine.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Stuff each pepper with the chicken mixture. Sprinkle cheese on top of each pepper and bake for 20 minutes.
- Buffalo Chicken Spring Rolls by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Cajun Shrimp Dip byCooking with Carlee
- Harissa Lamb Meatballs with Herbed Yogurt Dipping Sauce by The Hungry Goddess
- Jalapeno Cheddar Roasted Chickpeas by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Smoky Jalapeno Pineapple Salsa by Dash of Evans
- Spicy Apricot Chicken Meatballs by My Life Cookbook
- Spicy Jalapeno Chickpeas by Helpful Homemade
- Spicy Peach Chicken Wings by Eat, Drink and be Tracy
- Spicy Sugared Cashews by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Chipotle Peanut Butter Cookies by Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Cinnamon Rolls by The Freshman Cook
- Mexican Chocolate Pudding by Pies and Plots
- Peppercorn Shortbread by The Finer Cookie
- Spicy Fudge Brownies by The Chef Next Door
- Spicy Mexican Hot Chocolate Fudge by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Buffalo Chicken & Lentil Stuffed Peppers by Momma’s Meals
- Chicken Karahi (Pakistani Chicken Curry) by Curious Cuisiniere
- Chicken Stuffed Poblano Peppers by Feeding Big and more
- Chickpea, lentil and spinach curry by Caroline’s Cooking
- Devil’s Chicken by Monica’s Table
- East Indian Chard and Lentils by Wholistic Woman
- Fried Chicken with a Kick by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Grilled Chipotle Pork Chops by Cooking Chat
- Hella-peno Burger by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Jalapeno Popper Pizza by Hardly A Goddess
- Kung Pao Chicken by Palatable Pastime
- Lomo Saltado by Tramplingrose
- Spicy black bean burgers by Simple and Savory
- Spicy Penne all’arrabbiata by She Loves Biscotti
- Sweet & Spicy Pulled Pork Tacos by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Sweet Chili Pork by Cookin’ Mimi
- Tunisian Garlic Chickpea Soup by What Smells So Good?
- Baked Sriracha Sweet Potato Fries by Magnolia Days
- Easy to Make Cabbage Kimchi (MAK KIMCHI) by kimchi MOM
- Green Mango Sambal by Food Lust People Love
- Grilled Potato Salad with Spicy Picada Sauce by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
Plus Homemade Ginger Ale and Spice is Nice Recipes from Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.