I love Memorial Day for so many reasons. We all should remember any individual who has served for our country whether they are still with us or not. For my family it’s a kick-off weekend to summer and now these Berry Berry Celebrations just gave me yet another reason to love this holiday weekend. I love berries. Strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, I love them all. I figured why not combine them into a yummy refreshing drink to enjoy with friends and family and make it a little festive at the same time. Move over raspberry vodka I now have a new love for blueberry vodka! Combine two of your favorite berries and you will have yourself a nice refreshing Berry Berry Celebration! This weeks celebration is being hosted by DB aka Foodie Stuntman of Crazy Foodie Stunts. A special thanks always goes out to our hostess with the mostess.
- Sprite Zero (or any lemon lime soda)
- 4 oz of Raspberry Vodka
- 2 oz of Blueberry Vodka
- Raspberries (or strawberries if you prefer)
- Place a handful of raspberries at the bottom of each cup. Top with a layer of ice. Add 2 oz of raspberry vodka to each cup.
- Gradually pour in the sprite. Go slowly because you will loose your raspberries if you pour to fast.
- Add 1 oz of the blueberry vodka.
We enjoyed these drinks of celebrations two nights in a row. One evening while my husband and I had a date night at home. Then I wanted to try them out for my sister so we had them while we BBQ’d on the deck for our usual Sunday Supper. They got a thumbs up.
I want to give a special special thank you to all of the men and woman who have fought for our country. Ones that have come home, ones that we have lost along the way and ones that continue to go back tour after tour. You are selfless and this day and celebration goes out to all of you. We are proud to have this flag stand proud and true in our front yard.
Scroll down to see what other dishes have been brought to the family table this week while we celebrate!
Food Using One Color
- Baby Back Ribs with Roasted Strawberry Barbecue Sauce by Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Baked Tomato Breakfast Cups by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Red Velvet Milk Shake by Nosh My Way
- Strawberry Meringue Tartlets by What Smells So Good?
- Strawberry Oat Crumble by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Alabama BBQ Sauce by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Blueberry Breakfast Cookies by Pies and Plots
- Blueberry Cheesecake Ice Cream by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Blue Velvet Cupcakes by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Food Using Two Colors
Red and White Food
- Pickled Shrimp with Pico de Gallo by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Sausage Rougail (Rougail Saucisse) by The Petit Gourmet
Blue and White Food
- Blueberry Feta Cucumber Salad by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Blueberry Pierogi by Curious Cuisiniere
Red, White and Blue Food
- Berry Berry Celebrations by Momma’s Meals
- Berry Filled Firecracker Cupcakes by The Crumby Cupcake
- Berry Patriotic Chia Seed Pudding by Tasting Page
- Easy Chocolate Covered Marshmallows by Palatable Pastime
- Eton Mess by Caroline’s Cooking
- Greek Yogurt Parfait Bar by Family Foodie
- Grilled Shrimp, Tomato and Bleu Cheese Flatbread by Our Good Life
- Individual Loaded Red, White, and Blue Salads by The Weekend Gourmet
- Patriotic Cocktail by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Patriotic Panna Cotta by The Freshman Cook
- Red White And Blue Coleslaw by Nik Snacks
- Red, White, and Blue Parfaits by Life Tastes Good
- Red, White and Blue Cherry Pie by Savory Experiments
- Red, White, and Blue Potato Salad by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Red, White and Blue Sangria by Food Lust People Love
- Red White and Blue Sundae by Desserts Required
- St. Honore Cake by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Strawberry, Blueberry & Raspberry Cheesecake Crumble by Food Done Light
- Tomato Blue Cheese Crostini by Magnolia Days
- Triple Berry Coconut Chia Pudding Parfaits by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Vanilla Pound Cake with Fresh Berries by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Watermelon, Feta & Beet Appetizer by Take A Bite Out of Boca
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.