If you love Halloween then you probably love to entertain. I love both! Today the Sunday Supper family is partnering up with Gallo Family Vineyards to bring you the perfect drink, snack or dish for Frightfully Fun Entertaining! When your guests arrive why not offer them a fun beverage to sip on, a table full of delicious and fun foods and of course lots of scary snacks to pick on as you talk and dance the night away.
When I entertain I like to serve an actual meal, I know I’m crazy but I like a few things to pick on and then a main meal whether it a be a hearty hot soup or stew, a bar of meatballs for make your own sliders , I’ve even made a Taco bar and everyone made their own tacos. I love nothing more than thinking of a really good theme for a party, having a signature to sip on and of course making food fun. Halloween is the perfect time to do just that. I suggest you go and check out GFV Frightfully Fun Entertaining recipes for some party inspiration.
Where I live the end of October can be quite chilly. So I wanted to make a stew that could simmer all day but be fun come party time! I knew Gallo’s Merlot would be the perfect addition to this stew. I knew it’s blended flavors of black cherry, ripe plum and hints of oak would simmer great with the beef in this dish. You can click here to see what foods pair well with their Merlot. Can’t find it? I’ve got you covered, use their store locator. Don’t forget the $$COUPON$$ they so graciously gave us.
Don’t forget to connect with Gallo now so you will always be kept in the loop with offers, recipes and MORE!
Beef Stew with Ghost Dumplings
2 lbs of Eye Round Roast, cut into bite size pieces
4 carrots in ½ inch slices
2 onions, chopped
1 Cup of parsnips, chopped
1 Sweet potato, chopped
3 Red potatoes, chopped
2 cup of water
2 cups of low sodium beef broth
¼ cup all purpose flour
4 tbsp of all purpose flour, separated
1/2 cup of Gallo Family Vineyards Merlot
¼ teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 teaspoon dry mustard
1 ½ teaspoons salt
1 can of flakey biscuits
1 tbsp of melted butter
What to do:
Place the beef in a zip lock bag and pour the flour into the bag. Mix it around coating all of the beef as much as possible. Add the rest of the ingredients into a slow cooker, stir to combine and cook on low for 8 hours.
Combine the 4 tbsp of flour with 2 tablespoons of water into a mason jar and shake to combine. Pour the mixture into the crock pot, stir and turn it to high. Let cook for 30 minutes to thicken. If it’s not to your “thickening” preference feel free to repeat this step again. I did it twice!
Meanwhile, preheat oven to what the packaged biscuits state. Pull apart the biscuits and flatten them. Shape them into ovals rather than circles. Brush with melted butter and bake according to directions.
Pull out a few pieces of the beef and cut into small pieces for the eyes and mouth of the ghosts. Insert into the dumplings and place inside the stew. Serve it in a cauldron for fun or right inside the crockpot. What you get is s delicious, hearty, scary & fun dish for your party guests!
Let’s see what else the Sunday Supper family has brought to this party now shall we?!
- Beef Stew with Ghost Dumplings by Momma’s Meals
- Blackened Chicken Legs with Red Beets and Potatoes by Jelly Toast
- Brain Cupcakes with Red Moscato Wine Shooters by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Dracula Wine Jelly by Basic N Delicious
- Gallo Family Red Moscato Cocktail by Flour On My Face
- Ghoulishly Good Red Moscato Punch by The Weekend Gourmet
- Halloween Buffalo Ranch Pork Bites by Family Foodie
- Meringue Bones with Raspberry Sauce by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Mummy Calzone by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Poison Apple Pomegranate Sangria by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Pumpkin Chili by The Foodie Army Wife
- Red Moscato Candied Apples by The Messy Baker
- Red Moscato Spider Sangria by Run DMT
- Red Velvet Cake Eye Balls by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Red Wine Caramel and Chocolate Apples by Ruffles & Truffles
- Roasted Garlic Hummus by Alida’s Kitchen
- Smoked Trout Pate Spider Bites by Shockingly Delicious
- Steak Bites with Bloody Maria Dipping Sauce by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Witches Blood Risotto by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Zombie Bite Wine Slushies by Feed Me, Seymour
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
Compensation was provided by Gallo Family Vineyards via Sunday Supper, LLC. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author, and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Gallo Family Vineyards.