Summer is officially here in the New England state where I reside. It means A LOT of grilling and eating outside any chance we get. My husband and I waited many years to have a beautiful deck to really enjoy! I love watching my kids play in the back yard while my husband flips steaks, or sometimes I’ll get creative and figure out how to make a meatloaf or lasagna on the grill. I am happy to partner up with Gallo Family Vineyards and the #SundaySupper family for another exciting event. Grilling with wine is today’s theme and when I first saw the selected wine’s to choose from I instantly knew what I wanted to create.
Have you tried Gallo’s Sweet White Blend yet? Gallo explains it as bursting with peach, tropical fruit and honeydew flavors. Well I couldn’t agree more. It was exactly what I expected when I first sipped it because I knew it was perfect for the dish I had planned in my head. I had a back up though, if it didn’t have the sweetness I anticipated I would have went with a Beef and Merlot dish. It doesn’t matter anyways because once I read the flavors of the Merlot I realized that I’ll be cooking with this it soon enough. Smooth and approachable fruit flavor matches very well with a wide range of foods including pork roast, pasta with rich tomato sauce, poultry, as well as grilled meats and vegetables. I’m sold. You have to check out Gallo’s Wine and BBQing Pairings page or their Grilling Recipes Page. I plan on making the recipe for BBQ Chipotle Chicken Sandwiches very soon!
When I think of a sweet blend of wine and cooking I think of sauces and marinades. However I also think of fruit! This time I used it to marinate my chicken and pineapple and turned it into a scrumptious sandwich for a busy night! It was outstanding! It’s the perfect Summer evening dish.
3 cloves of garlic, minced
1/2 cup of BBQ Sauce
1/3 cup of Gallo’s Sweet White Blend
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp ketchup
1/8 tsp garlic powder
Salt & Pepper
2 lbs of Chicken Breast
1 small pineapple, sliced
4-6 Hamburger Rolls
What to do:
Cut chicken into large chunks and then slice those chunks length wise to make them thinner. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
In a small bowl whisk together the garlic, BBQ sauce, wine, balsamic vinegar, ketchup, and garlic powder. Pour the marinade into a large zip lock bag. Add the chicken to the bag and mix well coating all of the chicken. Open the bag and place the pine slices on top. fold the bag securing the chicken and pineapple and place in refrigerator for at least 2 hours. (I let mine set over night)
Spark up that grill and get a nice medium heat going. Cook chicken flipping after 6-8 minutes. Cook for another 8-10 min or until chicken is no longer pink. With the last few minutes of cooking, place the pineapple on the opposite side of the chicken. Grill for 2-4 minutes, flip that fruit, grill for 2 more minutes and remove pineapple. (toast your buns on the higher rack of your grill at this time if you prefer crunchy bites like I do!) Place a piece of chicken on top of the hamburger roll, top it with a slice of pineapple, top with one more piece of chicken and put the burger bun on top.
Instant happy family. This was a great marinade if you don’t like pineapple leave it out. I served mine with a cold bean salad and it was a healthier dish since I used whole wheat hamburger buns!
I haven’t cooked with wine that often but I can promise you that you will not be disappointed cooking with any of Gallo’s wine. I’ve never used anything else. For a store locator of where you can pick up a bottle of Sweet Blend to make this recipe Click Here. Before you head to the store don’t forget to print your $1 off digital coupon here. Thank you Gallo!
Go connect with Gallo now so you will always be kept in the loop with offers, recipes and MORE!
Let’s Get Fired Up over #SundaySupper Recipes on the Grill!
- Grilled Brie with Tropical Fruit Compote by girlichef
- Grilled Peach Bruschetta by Peanut Butter and Peppers
Salads and Sides:
- Grilled Caesar Salad by Shockingly Delicious
- Grilled Mushrooms with Merlot Reduction by The Messy Baker
- Asian Pork Lettuce Cups by Magnolia Days
- BBQ Hawaiian Chicken Sandwiches by Momma’s Meals
- Cheddar Merlot Burgers by Curious Cuisiniere
- Grilled Chicken with Blueberry-Merlot Sauce by The Weekend Gourmet
- Grilled Hawaiian Sea Salt Tuna Nuggets by Family Foodie
- Grilled Honey Lime Chicken by Alida’s Kitchen
- Grilled Pork Chops with a Strawberry Jam Glaze by Savvy Eats
- Grilled Ribeye with Mushroom Merlot Sauce by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Grilled Shrimp Skewers with a Sweet White Blend Marinade by Country Girl in the Village
- Merlot Marinated Flank Steak with Spicy Chimichurri by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Pimento Cheese Stuffed Merlot Burger by Yours And Mine Are Ours
- Shish Kabobs in Red Wine Rosemary Marinade by The Dinner-Mom
- Tandoori-style Lamb Chops by kimchi MOM
- Grilled Apple Crisp by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Grilled Peaches with Mascarpone by Desserts Required
- Vanilla Ice Cream with Grilled Peaches by Hip Foodie Mom
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
Compensation was provided by Gallo Family Vineyards via Sunday Supper, LLC. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author, and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Gallo Family Vineyards.