Happy Sunday everyone!! Today is a pretty special Sunday……..why you ask? Well have you ever been to a Chili Cook Off? Have you ever took part in one? Well I have to be honest and say I haven’t. I’ve always wanted to but honestly every time I make Chili, I make it differently, I can’t seem to make it the same…….until one day when I hosted a Cookie Swap for all of my Momma friends and I made this Chili for the guys. My husband told me that it was by far the best Chili he had ever had…….so I went on a mission to duplicate that very recipe I made that day. Thank goodness I take pictures of almost everything I attempt to make and that I remembered everything that went into this dish. Obviously you can see why I came up with Daddy’s Favorite Chili for my title! So this is your chance to attend a Chili Cook Off! You don’t even have to leave your home. You get to browse through a bunch of mouth watering, heart warming, and soul satisfying Chili’s right here today!
Heather from girlichef is The new Sunday Supper Movement Magazine Editor and she is hosting this fabulous event over on the Sunday Supper Movement’s website! I know what your thinking, how can I vote if I can’t taste these amazing dishes? Well simple. Your a foodie right? Well if you didn’t love food like I do you probably wouldn’t be reading my blog right now so here is how you do it folks. Read the recipe, look at the picture and close your eyes, let that recipe get into your head and before you know it, you’ll be tasting it. What’s the point of a contest if we can’t win something you ask? Well we do win something. The blog/recipe with the most votes will be winning a FREE pass to this years Food and Wine Conference in the sunny place of Orlando, Florida! The voting is open until Thursday Feb 27th so you have plenty of time! What is this conference all about you ask? Well imagine a bunch of food bloggers, a bunch of wine bloggers, a handful of cooking professionals, food authors and all the knowledge to create and run a successful blog in one building for one whole weekend….. there you have it! I really wanted to go last year but couldn’t since I was days away from having my son. My husband promised me we’d make a family vacation out of it this year so I could attend and finally meet these fabulous people face to face since they feel like family at this point. However, money is tight, things come up and expenses just never end. I’m still holding onto hope that I’ll be able to attend, it’s not out of the question yet, this win would really help get me there! So come on over and VOTE!! Let me proudly post this badge all over my site!
Some people may think it’s cheating because I use a Slow Cooker and spice packet but I put just as much love into this dish, who doesn’t love simple?! I made it this past weekend for my family and friends for our first annual ice skating party on the lake we live on and one of my friends said “This is the perfect Chili……. just the right amounts of spice!”
Will YOU be a part of the #SundaySupper Chili Cook-Off judges panel this week? Voting is live at the Sunday Supper Movement Online Community Magazine starting now and concluding (fittingly) on February 27 – National Chili Day! Browse the submissions and cast your vote by clicking HERE! PLEASE NOTE: THE VOTE BUTTON FOR MY CHILI IS ABOVE MY PICTURE!! VOTE NOW!
Daddy’s Favorite Chili
Recipe: Momma’s Meals
Serves: A Crowd
What you’ll need:
2 cans of chili beans (I use Bush’s)
2 cans of great northern beans
1 lb. of ground pork
1 lb. of ground sirloin
2 small cans of green chili’s
1 small onion, diced
Drizzle of olive oil
1 packet of Chili seasoning (like McCormick’s)
Red pepper flakes
Shredded cheddar cheese for topping
What to do:
Add the diced onion to a saute pan and add a drizzle of olive oil to them. Saute on low-medium for five minutes. Add in the ground pork and ground sirloin breaking up the meat. Add half of the seasoning packet to the meat mixture and saute until meat is cooked through.
Meanwhile line a slow cooker with a liner (this is one of those dishes it’s worth pulling out a liner for!) Add the beans, green chili’s and the remaining seasoning packet. Give the red pepper a few shakes (this is where you can spice it up to your liking) .
Once the meat mixture is cooked through, add it to the slow cooker and mix to combine. Feel free to add more red pepper here. Keep it on low for a few hours and serve with shredded cheddar cheese and the canister of red pepper flakes. I kept mine on warm all day and everyone helped themselves.
Grab your pens and pencils, cup of coffee and start making your grocery list now to make one of these fabulous dishes. For mine, it’s simple, it’s hearty yet light at the same time.
Beef and Bison Chili
- Bison & Black Bean Chili from It’s Yummi!
- Cincinnati Chili from Savvy Eats
- Easy Beef Bean Chili from The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Easy Chili con Carne from Manu’s Menu
- Gesundheit Chili from Magnolia Days
- Hellfire Chili from Yours And Mine Are Ours
- Hoisin Beef Chili from Small Wallet, Big Appetite
- Moroccan Harissa Spiked Chili from MarocMama
- Short Rib Chili from The Texan New Yorker
- Slow Cooker Cheeseburger Chili from Hip Foodie Mom
Chicken, Duck, and Turkey Chili
- Asian Five Spice Duck Chili from The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Buffalo Turkey Chili from La Bella Vita Cucina
- Chicken and Bell Pepper Chili from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Chicken Meatball Chipotle Chili from Soni’s Food
- Gluten Free Turkey Chili from Gluten Free Crumbley
- Kickin’ Chicken Chili from Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Low Calorie Turkey Chili from Basic N Delicious
- Olé Mole Turkey Chili from Kudos Kitchen By Renee
- Quick & Easy Chipotle Turkey Chili from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Shockingly Delicious Chili Mole with Red Beans and Raisins from Shockingly Delicious
- Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Chili from Family Foodie
- Thai Chicken Chili from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- White Chicken Chili from The Foodie Army Wife
Mixed (meat combo) Chili
- Best Damn Chili Ever from Noshing With The Nolands
- Chili con Tres Carne from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Daddy’s Favorite Chili from Momma’s Meals
- Harlem Meatloaf Chili from Neighborfood
- Leslie’s Best Chili from La Cocina de Leslie
Fish and Seafood Chili
- Scrumptious Seafood Chili from A Kitchen Hoor
- Easy Vegetarian Chili with Raisins and Cashews from Delaware Girl Eats
- New Orleans Style Vegetarian Chili from Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Vegan Slow Cooker Chili from Killer Bunnies, Inc
- Chicken Chili Cheese Fries from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Chili Cornbread Cupcakes from In The Kitchen With KP
- Chili Topped Tater Tots from Ruffles & Truffles
- Spicy Chili Mac from girlichef
Best Wines To Pair with Chili #SundaySupper from ENOFYLZ Wine Blog
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.