During the holidays I was seriously craving some Banana Bread. Like. Seriously. I also wanted to make a Vegan version for a friend of mine. Because she’s a sweetheart and I like making things for my friends. I doubled this recipe and made two loaves, one for her and one for us, I need to make this again very soon because my daughter loved it and so did I. I ate it everyday until it was gone!
Recipe From: Dairyfreecooking.about.com
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour, 10 minutes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cups white granulated sugar (I prefer unrefined cane sugar)
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 3/4 t. baking soda
- 3/4 t. salt
- 3/4 t. cinnamon
- 1/2 cup plain soy milk or almond milk
- 1 t. apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups mashed banana, from about 4 large very ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 T. maple syrup
- 1 t. vanilla extract
- Walnuts (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F. Lightly oil a 9″x5″ loaf pan and set aside.
2. In a medium-sized mixing bowl, sift together the flour, sugars, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
3. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the soy milk and cider vinegar and let stand for 2 minutes. Add the mashed banana, canola oil, maple syrup, and vanilla extract, whisking until well combined. Add the dry ingredients to the wet, mixing until just combined (do not overmix!). Fold in the walnuts if using and pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Bake for about 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted into the center emerges clean. Allow the bread to cool on a wire cooling rack for 20 minutes before serving. Serve warm or at room temperature