Anyone who is a Mom has probably heard of this conconction…….If that’s even a word. I’ve heard of it for quite sometime now and finally decided to try it a few weeks ago. Unfortunately it was an epic fail for Miss Madison, she didn’t like it, however I loved it and I ate it for a week LOL. I bet if I made it now, she may change her mind she went from SUPER DUPER picky for the past two and a half years to all of a sudden eating anything I’ve put in front of her! AMAZING! I will be trying this again because I really do think she will enjoy it. I’ve seen this recipe on so many websites I can’t tell you where it came from so I apologize, there are so many different versions so I’m going to post how I made it. I do remember there is one thing I’d do differently while making this the second time around, the recipe called to mix the tater-tots into the soup/sour cream/milk mixture and just pour into the dish, other recipes called for laying the tater-tots on top after the mixing is done. I would do that next time because at least my daughter would have eaten them, because they were mixed with stuff she wouldn’t eat them! Hey what can I say, my baby don’t like her boys touching! 🙂
- 1 - 1 1/2 lb. of ground turkey
- 1 can of cream of mushroom soup
- 1 pkg of frozen tater tots
- 2 cups of grated cheddar cheese
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 cup of skim milk
- 1 cup of light sour cream
- Cooking spray
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Parsley to taste
- Saute ground turkey, onion and pepper with salt and pepper until cooked through.
- Meanwhile in a large bowl combine the soup, milk, sour cream and 1 1/2 cups of cheddar cheese. Spray a 13x9 baking dish with cooking spray and set aside. Pre-heat oven to 350F
- Once the ground turkey is cooked through mix it into the above mixture and pour it into the greased pan spreading it evenly.
- Layer the tater-tots on top lining them in a neat line. Bake for 20 min.
- Sprinkle the last 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese on top and bake for another 10 minutes.