I thought it was only appropriate to share this recipe with you since it’s summer time, we all have our grills fired up almost on a daily basis, and well…………it’s just that darn good!!! I remember when Tara, a blogger friend of mine, posted this recipe back in April, I thought to myself WE MUST TRY these! Sure enough the first nice weekend we had in April, these puppies were whipped up! The only thing I changed in it was swapping out the group beef for ground turkey. I still used the ground pork though! Oh and I also used fake bacon, it’s less fat and calories and it’s way easier to cook (or microwave in this case) than regular bacon!
If your having some friends over for the weekend and your thinking of making burgers and your looking to change up the same ol’ thing………this is your next experiment!! TRUST ME!! All the flavor is IN the burger, I didn’t even use toppings besides some of the chopped pickles because…….well I was pregnant and YES I craved pickles! Impress your friends and try it out, you won’t be disappointed.
Recipe Adapted From: Tara at Noshing at The Nolands
- 1 lbs. lean ground turkey
- ½ lbs. lean ground pork
- 1 egg
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- 1 Tbsp. Montreal Steak Spice
- ½ Tbsp. Salt
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbsp. BBQ sauce
- 6 Hamburg buns
- 2 pickles finely diced
- ? cup shredded mozzarella
- 5 strips of precooked bacon
- Mix the stuffing ingredients together in a bowl and put aside.
- Mix the hamburg ingredients in a bowl being sure to not over mix. Divide into 6 portions and then divide each portion in half. Place 2-3 tsp. of the stuffing in the middle of one of the burgers and top with the second half. Pinch the edge together to seal. Repeat for the other 5 burgers.
- BBQ on medium until cooked through. Top with your favorite cheese. Serve on the hamburg bun with your favorite toppings.
This is how I stored them in my fridge until I was ready to cook them later on that evening! I heart parchment paper!