My husband loves Chicken Parmesan. Every time we go to an Italian restaurant guess what he orders? I recently came across a Beach Body version but it seemed so difficult and I knew there had to be another way to make a classic dish into Skinny Chicken Parmesan. This recipe will sound a lot like my Baked Parmesan Pork Chops because I got the idea from that recipe. Now because it’s not as crisp as the good ol’ fashion kind you have to be a bit delicate when handling the chicken, since I’ve made this dish and the baked parmesan pork chops quite frequently I’ve mastered it!
You can measure this for the Beach Body 21 Day Fix program rather easily. I like to use chicken cutlets because it’s a great way to keep the portion size down. If your using chicken breasts simply cut them in half and each half should be a portion size of a red container. Measure a blue cup for the cheese and I think the sauce would either be a green container or orange. If you make my homemade quick and easy sauce you’ll see it’s easy and fresh. Measure one yellow with pasta and have yourself a delicious dinner. If your anything like me you may save two yellows for this meal!
- 1 lb. of chicken breasts or chicken cutlets
- ½ cup of low fat milk
- 1 cup of whole wheat Italian bread crumbs
- ½ cup of pasta sauce
- ½ cup of park skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 tbsp of fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350F. In a bowl add the milk. Spread the bread crumbs out on a plate and add the fresh parsley, mixing to combine.
- Heat an oven proof skillet on medium high heat and add the olive oil, swirling it around for a minute. Using tongs dip the chicken breast into the milk and place on top of the bread crumbs pushing down on the chicken, flip and push down into the bread crumbs again. Place into the skillet and repeat with the rest of the chicken breast.
- Let the chicken cook for 2-3 minute and flip to fry on the other side for another 2-3 minutes. Place the skillet inside the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Turn the broiler on, remove the chicken from the oven. Spoon a tablespoon or two of sauce on top of the chicken. Sprinkle with 2-3 tablespoon of mozzarella cheese on top of the sauce. Bake for another 3-4 minutes or until the cheese melts.
- Serve on top of cooked egg noodles or pasta of your choice