This Shamrock Smoothie is perfect for celebrating St. Patrick’s Day! It’s healthy, filling and the best part is my kids were fooled by the spinach in it! My kids have never had spinach before but I’m happy to say that all I had to say was “How about we change up our usual smoothie and make it GREEN?!” You can also add some protein powder or some flax seeds so it’ll fill you up a little longer.
I have to admit I was a bit nervous to add the spinach, not just because I was afraid that my kids would notice a difference in the taste, but I was also a bit afraid that the taste would be thrown off! I’ve been putting off adding spinach to a smoothie for far too long! It’s a great way to add it to your diet if you don’t like eating it plain like I do. What are ways you enjoy spinach? We love adding it to our salads, soups and now I even add a bunch at the bottom of a bowl when I’m adding chili or any other quinoa dish. Here is my sweet girl giving me the thumbs up on this Shamrock Smoothie.
- ½ cup of non-fat strawberry greek yogurt
- ½ cup of vanilla almond milk
- 5 fresh strawberries, sliced (or frozen)
- 1 cup of spinach
- protein powder or flaxseeds (optional)
- 1 small banana
- Add all of the ingredients into a blender and blend on high until the smoothie is at the consistency of your liking.