I got this recipe from Martha Stewart believe it or not, I was doing a search for a Pork Chop with a Sweet Salsa sauce because well I don’t know I wanted something different, so I paid a little more money for the lower in calories and fat pork (not sure of the cut it says pork chop) Stay tuned for pics!
- 2 tart green apples, such as Granny Smith ( 3/4 pound), peeled and cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons raisins, or dried currants
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar, or white-wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 pork loin chops, each about 1/2 inch thick (about 1 1/2 pounds total)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper
Make the relish: In a medium saucepan, combine the apples, sugar, raisins, vinegar, and ginger, over medium-high heat until the sugar dissolves, about 2 minutes.
Reduce heat; simmer, partially covered, until apples are soft, 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Make the pork chops: Season chops with salt and pepper.