This recipe came about a few weeks ago when I was craving something to have with my sandwiches, I can make any sandwich healthy, well I try at least. I make wraps with grilled chicken, I even made an awesome new vegetable sandwich last week that I’m now addicted to that is loaded with veggies and topped with hummus as a condiment (stay tuned for that!) I’ve been trying so hard to eat healthy since I’ve had my son and was lucky enough to take an additional 10 lbs. off besides the almost 10 lbs that he was when he was born!! So I wanted something to have with my sandwich because I don’t want to have chips and I do need that “variety” so why not something that is going to be packed with protein and that is healthy!! There are so many different kinds of bean salads, I love beans, from black beans, chickpeas to edammene and string beans! So this week I stocked up and made a few things ahead of time to have with my healthy lunches, I even made my Cold Bean Salad from last summer and my Summer Orzo Salad
Feel free to add other veggies in there, the first time I made this I used just chickpeas and I added diced cucumbers too! Add fresh corn if you'd like, the possibilities are endless and it's so yummy served cold!
- 1 Can of Cannellini beans, rinced & drained
- 1/2 Can of Black Beans, rinced
- 1/2 Cup of frozen peas
- 1/2 Cup of frozen edamame beans
- 1/2 Cup of red onion, diced
- 1 small tomato, diced
- 2 tbsp of mined garlic (I used jarred)
- 1 tbsp Lime juice
- 2 tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
- Olive Oil
- Fresh Parsley
- Salt & Pepper
- Combine the peas and edamame beans in a large bowl and microwave for half of the time requested. (I did 2 minutes).
- Add the rinsed beans, onion, tomatoes and garlic and stir to combine.
- Whisk together the lime juice, vinegar and olive oil (use your judgement here, it's hard to give an exact amount)
- Season with salt, pepper and fresh parsley and taste! Add more or less of any seasonings you prefer.
Here is another version I was talking about using Chickpeas! Can we say yummy!