If you are looking for a great side dish to have with your enchilada’s or Taco’s this veggie dish is for you! It adds a kick to your everyday veggies and it can be made on the grill. If your just looking for a good side dish to have with your Steaks! I made this one day while craving something hot and spicy. Boy did this one hit the spot! I’m a big fan of zucchini and summer squash so while thinking of the perfect grilling side dish this one was created!
I sat on my porch and chopped up the veggies while my daughter played in her little pool.
Sorry for the bad pictures but it was thrown together at the last minute but good enough to share with you!
- 1 Lg. zucchini
- 1 Lg. summer squash
- 1 14 oz can of diced tomatoes with chili's (w/o if you want less kick)
- 1 small can of corn
- 1 lime
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
- Dice the veggies into round disks as close to the same sizes as possible. This is also a great time to use your mandoline if you happen to have one, I use Pampered Chef's.
- Add the can of diced tomatoes and corn. Squeeze the juice of one lime and stir.
- Use your judgement on olive oil, cumin, salt and pepper. Enough to coat veggies, skip the cumin if you don't want the kick, I apparently added a lot!
- Cover with tinfoil tightly and place on the shelf of a grill. Heat for 20 min shaking a few times throughout the time. Shaking them, prevents them from sticking and burning. If there is no shelf you can place them on the grill but you'll have to shake a lot more to prevent them from burning. You can also place a brick on the grill and put the tin on top of the brick, we do that a lot as well!