I have been obsessed with Skillet meals these days. I don’t know why, it’s like when Spring comes and you break out the grill! Well for me, when Winter comes I break out the Crock Pot and Skillets! I think it’s because it’s so easy to throw in all of your favorite ingredients and just make it up as you go! Or maybe it’s because you usually only have to dirty one or two pots and your serving dishes and dinner is ready to go. I’ve been experiencing with making my own sauces lately and I’m loving it. There are plenty of nights when I pop open a jar for convenience but I love knowing I’ve made it from scratch.
- 2 large chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 6 oz of linguine
- 1-2 tbsp of lemon pepper seasoning
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 cup of low fat milk
- ½ cup of sweet white wine (riesling)
- ¼ cup of half and half
- 1 cup of parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 cup of frozen peas
- Cook linguine according to the box.
- Saute onions in olive oil for 5 minutes. Add garlic and saute for another minute. Add chicken and season with lemon pepper seasoning. Cook until browned on all sides.
- Add wine, half and half, half of the parmesan cheese and half of the milk. Stir to combine and melt the cheese. Bring to a light boil and let the liquid reduce.
- Add cooked linguine, frozen peas and the rest of the milk. Stir to combine. Bring to a light boil. Let sauce thicken.
- Add the last of the parmesan cheese, stir to combine and allow to thicken.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
- **NOTE** I actually made this with leftover linguine that was refrigerated for a few days. Make a head and make it easier for yourself!
Check out the other delicious weekday supper dishes for some meal planning inspiration for your busy nights!
Monday – Filet Mignon with Balsamic Pan Sauce by Cooking Chat
Tuesday – Yakitori Donburi by A Mama, Baby & Shar-pei in the Kitchen
Wednesday – Smothered Pork Chops by The Life and Loves of Grumpy’s Honeybunch
Friday – Bessara (Moroccan Bean Soup) by eating in instead