This deliciousness of what I like to call Korean Lettuce Wraps came from a recipe I made years ago for a date night my husband and I had when I first implemented date night. It was easy, let me rephrase that…….it was so easy! Originally when I made it I served it over steamed brown rice. Which is the way we enjoy it. My husband liked it so much that when I ask him what he wants for date night I get this answer A LOT. I’ve probably made it at least eight times at this point. One day last year I had leftovers and wanted to make a healthier option out of lunch the following day so these Korean Lettuce Wraps were created! If your on the 21 Day Fix diet like me you can easily make 2-3 lettuce wraps. Your welcome!
Recipe From: Lizzy Write
- Bib lettuce leaves or romaine lettuce leaves
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- ¼ cup of dark brown sugar
- ¼ cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ tsp fresh ginger, minced
- ½ - 1 tsp. crushed red peppers
- 1 bunch green onions, diced
- salt and pepper
- Heat a medium skillet on medium-high heat. Add the beef and garlic, as you break it up add the sesame oil. Mix and combine. Once the beef is browned drain the fat leaving a little in the pan.
- Add the brown sugar, soy sauce, fresh ginger, and red pepper flakes. Stir to combine. Cook for 2-3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to your liking.
- Scoop 2-3 tbsp of beef into a lettuce leaf and enjoy!