These Healthier Parmesan Noodles make for a great side dish or even as a main dish (throw some chicken in there if you want some more protein! I’m always experimenting with pasta dishes because I have a three and five year old. They love there pasta in every shape and form. From fehttuchini, bow tie and ziti to egg noodles and ravioli’s. One of these days I’m going to make my own pasta I just haven’t gotten around to trying it. I won’t lie, I’m a bit intimidated. I love Alfredo Sauce, but lets face it, it’s usually made with butter and a lot of cream. You can try my lighter version but this time I wanted something different. Something easier that didn’t leave me standing at the stove stirring and thickening. Two of my favorite ingredients I love using to thicken or make healthier are greek yogurt cream cheese and non-fat greek yogurt. Seriously if you don’t have greek yogurt cream cheese then I’ll send you some because it tastes just like cream cheese and it’s lower in fat than the reduced fat cream cheese!
- 4 oz of Fehttuchini
- 6 oz of greek yogurt cream cheese
- 2 tbsp of olive oil butter
- 2 tbsp of fresh parsley, minced
- 1 tsp of dried basil
- ½ tsp of lemon pepper seasoning
- ⅔ cup of boiling water
- ⅓ cup of parmesan cheese, divided
- Cook fehttuchini according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl add cream cheese, butter, fresh parsley, basil, lemon pepper seasoning and boiling water. Mix to combine.
- Pour the sauce over the noodles, stir to combine and add the parmesan cheese on top.
Since I’m obsessed with Greek yogurt in general never mind this cream cheese so I’ll share some of my favorite recipes using them to make your dish healthier!