This Ginger Lime Beef Stir Fry was one of the recipes I made for my family while I was doing One Last Challenge with Beach Body. Don’t get me wrong, I will be doing beach body for the rest of my life because I’m a firm believer it’s gotten me to where I am today but the last challenge was more about it being a “last mental” challenge. A challenge where I was finally going to “let go” of the scale and just BE HAPPY with me. ***UPDATE*****Since the challenge ended 2 weeks ago I’ve already lost another 1.5. I’ll take it!
All I can remember when I made this Ginger Lime Beef Stir Fry is how colorful it was! WOW the colors just popped when I was making it. So much that of course I instagramed it! I have to honestly say that I’ve never made a stir fry that had this much flavor. I loved the ginger and lime combination. The night I made this dish I saved both of my yellow containers and filled them both with brown rice. I filled 2 containers with veggies and one container of beef and it was MORE than enough. When you measure it pays off, that’s my new saying!
Oh and who cares if you get a kitchen like this when your finished cooking your meal because in the end I got a delicious meal and I didn’t have a toddler hanging off of me! That doesn’t happen too often.
- Juice of 2 limes
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 tsp honey
- 2 tsp soy sauce, divided (reduced sodium)
- 1 tbsp sesame oil, divided
- ½ tsp ground cayenne pepper, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeno, diced (remove ribs and seeds)
- 3 green onions, diced and divided
- 2 tsp minced fresh ginger, divided
- ⅓ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 16 oz stir fry beef or buy strip steak and cut it into strips
- 1 small zucchini, sliced in half moons
- 1 green pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 red pepper, sliced into strips
- In a large bowl, whisk together ½ cup lime juice, vinegar, honey, 1 tsp soy sauce, 1 tsp sesame oil, ¼ tsp cayenne pepper and 1 tbsp water. Stir in 2 cloves minced garlic, minced ginger, jalapeno, ½ green onions and cilantro. Add beef, toss to coat and set aside to marinate for at least an hour if not longer.
- Meanwhile, heat a large skillet on medium-high, heating 1 tbsp of oil. Add beef and marinade and sauté, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes. Add sliced peppers, remaining green onion and zucchini and sauté for 5 more minutes. (depending on how crisp you like your veggies)
- Serve over brown rice or whole wheat pasta.
- Day Fixers:
- Measure the beef in the 1 red container. Measure the veggies in 2 green containers, and the rice/pasta in 1 or 2 yellow containers.
Recipe adapted from: Fit Foodie Fam
Is that not the most beautiful thing you’ve ever seen!
Before you ask, no my kids did not eat it. My son is on a meat strike and my daughter won’t eat healthy but fruit! I actually have this on my menu again for this week!