This Easy Turkey & Rotini Dinner is hearty and healthy. Throw in a few ingredients and let dinner be ready in no time! I came up with this one night when I was in a total rush to get something ready for dinner. I opened my freezer one day and realized I had so much frozen cream of mushroom soup that I had to use some. We had two play dates planned and I was destined to stick to my workout schedule so all free time seems to go to blogging, working out and just being with the kids. Yes I’ve accepted that my house will never be clean again. I have plenty of time for a clean house.
I was skeptical of putting ground turkey in the crock pot and walking away for the day. I don’t know why I let my raw meatballs simmer in the crock all day before and they cook through. I was so shocked at how good this turned out! The kids even ate it because of course it had pasta in it so they just ate the pasta. It’s a win win for me when I throw something in the crock it and comes out amazing!
1 pd of ground turkey
1 1/2 cups of cream of mushroom soup, or make my healthy homemade soup!
1 cup of sliced mushrooms
4 oz of rotini, or pasta of choice
Parmesan cheese (optional)
Green onion (optional)
Salt and Pepper (optional)
What to do:
- Place the ground turkey on the bottom of a crock pot. Break it up with a spoon.
- Place the mushrooms on top. Pour the cream of mushroom sauce on top and gently stir to combine a little.
- Cook on low for 5-6 hours. Cook pasta according to package directions and drain.
- Stir the turkey mixture combining everything and pour onto the pasta. Stir to combine again. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with grated parmesan cheese and green onion if you wish.