I came across this Easy Cheesy Spaghetti Bake Recipe while I was searching for casseroles one day. I pulled out my once very used deep cover baker from Pampered Chef a few months ago. I tend to buy kitchenware, use it non-stop for months, put it away and forget about it! I altered the recipe a bit to make it a tad bit healthier, add some veggies to it, and used my deep covered baker instead of a 13×9 casserole dish but other than that it tasted like a spaghetti lasagna! The kids weren’t too fond of it but then again they aren’t a fan of any kind of casserole but I consider a successful dinner because the kids just picked the topping off and ate the spaghetti!
Recipe Adapted From: Plain Chicken
I think this is a great dish to make in advance for a busy night. If you refrigerate it and pull out to come to room temperature while you are preheating your oven you’ll have dinner on the table stress free! My kids of course picked the meat off but they ate the pasta and cheese! So to this Momma that is a win!
- 1 lb. spaghetti
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 5 Tbsp butter melted
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 8 oz whipped greek cream cheese
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 1 lb ground turkey, cooked
- 24 oz jar chunky vegetable spaghetti sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray a 13x9 casserole dish with spray butter.
- Cook pasta according to directions, drain and set aside. In a small bowl whisk together the eggs, parmesan cheese and melted butter. Toss the mixture with the cooked pasta and pour into the greased casserole dish.
- In another bowl combine cream cheese, sour cream, garlic and seasoning Spread on top of the pasta mixture.
- Combine the cooked ground turkey and sauce. Spread it on top of the cream cheese mixture.
- Spread the mozzarella cheese on top and cook uncovered for 45 minutes.