This Easy Baked Pork and Pasta was developed because of my picky little eaters. I’ve tried close to a gazillion different chicken recipes but my kids just don’t like it right now. It doesn’t bother me but I LOVE chicken! I love making it, baking it, roasting it, grilling it, you name it, I’ll try it if it’s chicken. Once my kids devoured a piece of my Honey Mustard Stuffed Pork Loin one night I started thinking of some other pork recipes I could try. I immediately thought of one of my top viewed recipes which is Baked Parmesan Pork Chops I was rushed getting dinner onto the table one night so I wanted something I could combine and warm up the second the kids came home from school with Daddy. My kids taste buds are pretty boring at this point in time so they actually prefer their pasta with just a tad bit of butter and parmesan cheese. Enter Easy Baked Pork & Pasta. It’s healthy and easy! I made it healthy by using milk to coat the pork chops, I fried it in a little bit of olive oil to secure the bread crumbs, I made the spaghetti and veggies a little different by adding a cup and a half of chicken broth to the water when preparing. I set it aside and prepared the pork. I Popped it in the oven and left to go get the kids. Don’t be alarmed, my Mom lives in a in-law apartment above our garage! Another advantage of having her here is the kids and I don’t eat alone and I have the help when my husband works late. I removed the pork added the pasta and veggies sopping up the last of that broth. Added freshly grated parmesan cheese, stirred and served the pork over the pasta. If your kids are anything like mine they expect dinner the second they come through the door! Maybe it’s from actually not snacking all day long like they do when they are home!
- 3 boneless pork chops
- 2 cups of chicken or vegetable broth, divided
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup of seasoned bread crumbs
- 3 tbsp of fresh basil, chopped
- ½ cup of low fat milk
- 2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- 6 tbsp of parmesan cheese, grated, divided
- salt and pepper
- 6 oz of angel hair pasta
- 2 cups of frozen vegetables
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- On a flat plate pour the bread crumbs and basil and mix to combine and set aside. Fill a small bowl with milk and set aside.
- Heat a oven-proof large skillet over medium heat and add olive oil, rolling it around the pan.
- Season the pork chops with salt and pepper, dip into milk and press firmly into the bread crumbs, flip and coat the other side. Press 1 tbsp of parmesan cheese on the top each pork chop and place in the heated oil. Repeat with each pork chop. Brown for 3-5 minutes, flip and brown the other side. Place in the oven and bake for 20 -30 more minutes, depending on the thickness of the pork chop, or remove when pork reaches 145 Degrees.
- While the pork chops are baking heat 1 and ¾ cups vegetable broth and water; bring to a boil. Add the frozen veggies and cook pasta until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- Remove the pork from the oven and place pork on a plate. Add the remaining ¼ cup of broth, pasta and veggies to the pan mixing to combine. Add the remaining shredded parmesan and place pork chops on top. (add more cheese on top of pork if desired.)
They actually LOVE pork who would have thunk it! My next attempt will be with chicken and see if they are fooled. Usually I hear this every night: “Momma what’s for dinner, not chicken right?!”