Another #SundaySuper is upon us! Even though my daughter is only 21 mths. old I still think of easy back to school recipes, probably because I’ll be in that mode before you know it. I wanted to take part in this event because a lot of my friends/followers have school aged children. Plus I get the chance to chat with Katie Workman again!! This is our third and final event with her but the cookbook, is something I’ll have forever. I see myself in the kitchen this fall whipping up some of her awesome recipes. So thank you again Isabel for hosting this awesome event over at Family Foodie.
It’s a busy time for everyone, the holidays approach, after school events, sports, you name it, it’s going on. This event reminds me that I still want to have that special #SundaySupper for my family. You can check out Katie’s blog to read some of her helpful hints on busy weeknight meals. Trust me when I say you want to try this cookbook. I’ll make it even easier for you!! Buy it right here on Amazon! Or you can enter to win a copy from me!!! Yup, a giveaway! You have until Saturday the 18th to enter and I’ll pull a winner Saturday night!! This is all you have to do:
Like Momma’s Meals on Facebook
Follow Momma’s Meals on Twitter
Pin with Momma on Pinterest
Subscribe to Momma’s Meals (the right hand side of my home page is a subscriber button)
Like Katie Workman’s Facebook Page
Comment on this post with “What is your favorite Lunch Recipe?”
I chose to make a wrap for this event because it’s so versatile. There are so many things you can do with a wrap. You can even buy flavored wraps such as whole wheat, tomato basil, or garlic and herb which is what I chose for today. You can make a different wrap for each of your kiddo’s to their own liking, why not get them involved and lay out the ingredients and let them choose their own filling. Set up an assembly line and have at it! I think they make a great lunch, I wrap mine in tinfoil to hold the roll and all the goodies in it and then I slip it into a plastic zip lock bag. Instant Lunchbox success! This recipe is adapted from The Taste of Home website, I actually made my own Hummus aka White Bean Dip!!
Don’t forget to scroll down and see what other great idea’s all my foodie friends have posted for you, get your fall calendar full of these awesome finds!!
California Chicken Wrap
- Prep/Total Time: 15 min.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- 1/3 cup prepared hummus
- 4 wraps of your choice (8 inches)
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast (I used Perdue’s Single’s, the kind you can buy 6 breasts individually wrapped)
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted sweet red peppers
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
Spread hummus on tortillas; top with chicken, peppers, cheese and basil.
Roll up. Cut in half. Serve. Love it.
Easy Breakfast ideas:
- Hawaiian Scrambled Eggs Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Scrambled Eggs with sausage and fresh herbs by Basic n Delicious
- Breakfast Wraps by Magnolia Days
- Scrambled Eggs with Herb Croutons Comfy Cuisine
- Scrambled Eggs for Preschoolers In the Kitchen with Audrey
- Chicken Caesar Salad Wrap by Meal Planning Magic
- California Chicken Wraps by Momma’s Meals
- Chicken, Hummus, and sautéed Vegetable Wraps by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Grilled Roast Beef Wraps with Horseradish Mayo by Juanita’s Cocina
- Mesquite Turkey, Mango and Pepper Jack Wraps by Shockingly Delicious
- Hummus, Cucumber, Roasted Pepper and Carrot Lunchbox Wrap by Mama’s Blissful Bites
- Quick and Easy Mozzarella and Meatball Wrap by Mama Mommy Mom
- Herbed Beef Wraps by Brie’s Bites
- California Wraps by Daily Dish Recipes
- Sautéed Corn, with Double Bacon, Scallions and Shrimp by The Meltaways
- Garlic Lemon Rosemary Roasted Chicken by Supper for a Steal
- Kebab Chicken & Grilled Veggie Wraps with Tahini Sauce by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Fresh mozzarella Pasta Casserole by The Weekend Gourmet
- Choose Your Topping Grilled Pizza by In the Kitchen with KP
- Quesadillas Your Way by Mrs. Mama Hen
- BBQ & Cheddar Chicken Quesadillas by Big Bears Wife
- Yum Yum Salmon Quesadillas by Family Foodie
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Squares by Girlichef
- Fudgy One-Pot Raspberry Cocoa Brownies by Chocolate Moosey
- Fudgy One-Pot Brownies by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Pear Choco Walnut Coffee Cake by Vintage Kitchen Notes
- Peach Clafoutis by The Messy Baker Blog
We will be sharing great family recipes all day and want you to share yours with us! Join us at 7pm ET for our #SundaySupper Chat with Katie Workman. Follow us on twitter by using hashtag #Sundaysupper or using Tweetchat. We love to feature your recipes on our #sundaysupper pinterest board and share them with all our followers.
Connect with Katie Here!!!