I can’t believe I found this Crowd Pleasing Creamy Mac N Cheese recipe! I’ve been making Mac N Cheese for years. My kids always eat it but they’ve never claimed to “love it!” The closest I’ve gotten is the Crock Pot Mac N Cheese I make for a crowd. When I hosted a Pampered Chef party a few months ago I started pinning recipes for all of the gadgets I own, I have a lot. That brought me to the deep dish baker I own, you can use any casserole dish that can hold this much pasta as long as it’s microwavable it’s good! I can’t believe how easy this was and I also realized it’s sort of on the healthier side…..I said sort of it is Mac N Cheese after all. My kids ranted and raved about it. In the past when I’ve made Mac N Cheese they always ask if it’s “my” Mac N Cheese. AKA, they are asking if it comes from a box. I said no it does not come from a box, after my daughter ate it she yelled “It tastes just like the kind from a box!” Win Win!
The part I liked about it is it stays creamy even after it’s refrigerated! Even the boxed kind gets all dry and I end up adding tons of butter to it when I’m warming leftovers up. You will NOT need butter when reheating this Mac N Cheese! So I never got a photograph of this in the deep dish baker but I did snap a photo of the leftovers and how creamy it still is. I also made these Mac N Cheese Bites for my daughters birthday dinner because she requested Mac N Cheese after we just ate it the night before!
All you need is bread crumbs or cracker crumbs (I used cracker crumbs I had on hand) a little grated parmesan/romano cheese and a few tablespoons of butter. It really depends on how much leftover Mac N Cheese you have. Preheat your oven to 375F and spray a mini muffin pan with non-stick spray. Microwave the butter until it’s melted. Add the cracker crumbs (I used about 1/2 cup) and a tablespoon of parmesan & romano cheese. Use your fingers to form a crust. Top with 1-2 tsp of leftover Mac N Cheese (It’s best for the leftover Mac N Cheese to be slightly warm so it keeps the creamy texture) Bake for 15 minutes and let it rest for 10, don’t try pulling them out right away. Serve and enjoy! It was a hit, even if they peeled the cracker crumb mixture off. What is up with that? Isn’t that the best part? Here is a photo of the Mac N Cheese after it sat in the fridge and I reheated it for the kids another night. Creamy!
Recipe from: Pampered Chef
- 1 pd elbow pasta
- 2 eggs
- ½ stick of butter, cut into tabespoons
- 12 oz can of fat free evaporated milk
- 10¾ oz can of cheddar cheese soup, healthy request
- 1 cup of 2% milk
- 3 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
- In a deep dish microwavable dish add the pasta and fill it with water until it reaches above the pasta.
- Cook on high in the microwave for 4 minutes.
- Remove, stir and cook for another 4 minutes. If you think more water will need to be added add it at this time, you can tell when it's mixed. Microwave for another 4 minutes.
- Remove from the microwave and drain any water that is left. Add the butter, stir until it's melted.
- Let it sit for a few minutes. Meanwhile scramble the two eggs.
- Add the evaporated milk, canned soup, milk and shredded cheese. Stir to combine.
- Microwave for 8 minutes.
- Stir and serve!