This Buffalo Ranch Chicken Salad was a creation I’ve had in mind for awhile. My husband loves Buffalo anything. I mean anything. We have a few nights a week we call Date Night. It’s when we put the kids to bed and we pig out on our own dinners in peace and quiet. Though I love our family dinners, Momma & Daddy need time too, during the winter I make soups, chili’s and dishes I know my kids won’t touch. This Summer I found that I served us salads at least twice a week, I eventually got sick of the same old greens, cucumbers and tomatoes. Then this Buffalo Ranch Chicken Salad was born. The serving sizes are meant for 2 people so it’s a perfect meal to curl up on the couch and just enjoy a nice light dinner.
I wanted to add some ranch in it to even out the flavors and also for the dressing. Ranch just goes with Buffalo doesn’t it? I think it does, just like carrots and celery goes with buffalo anything right? I love this dressing because it’s made with non-fat green yogurt and it still tastes amazing! If you don’t want to top it off on a salad, that’s OK, throw it on a bun or bread. I made this recipe with the #21DayFix program in mind so I measured everything.
- ½ english cucumber, diced
- 2 small plum tomatoes, diced
- 3 cups of mixed greens (romaine, baby spinach, etc)
- 1 packet of ranch dressing seasoning
- 5 oz of non-fat plain greek yogurt
- 3-5 tbsp. of low fat milk
- 3-4 tbsp of Sriracha (more or less for the heat you enjoy)
- 1 cup of cooked chicken, shredded
- 2 carrots, peeled then chopped
- 4 slices of part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Red or Green onion, chopped (optional)
- To make the dressing:
- Add the greek yogurt, ranch dressing seasoning and 3 tbsp of milk into a mini food processor (or you can whisk it by hand) Add milk to get the consistency of dressing and set aside.
- Pour Sriracha on top of the shredded chicken and stir to combine. Add 2 tbsp of the ranch dressing and mix to combine.
- Place the mixed greens and mozzarella cheese in a large serving bowl. Place the rest of the vegetables around the outside of the salad.
- Serve with dressing and enjoy.