I created these Buffalo Chicken & Lentil Lettuce Wraps in hopes to lure my husband into a healthier kind of taco one night. Success! Talk about easy to make, you can certainly make them for a Taco Tuesday and then use the leftovers for a healthier lunch the following day. You will love the addition of the lentils because it’s a healthy way to add some protein and make it a more filling dish, especially if you want your man to like it.
Did the kids eat it? I didn’t even bother. My daughter thinks salt and pepper is spicy. This mixture can be really good in a stuffed pepper too. Try my Buffalo Chicken & Lentil Stuffed Pepper recipe the next time you want to change up your average stuffed pepper. This would also make a great attention to any chicken chili, I may just have to try that this Winter.
- ¾ cup of shredded carrots, chopped
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 tsp of red pepper (or more for more heat)
- 1 lb. of ground chicken
- ½ cup (or more for more heat) hot sauce
- 4-6 lettuce leaves (romain or boston bib)
- ¾ cup of precooked lentils (or make your own!)
- Heat a medium sized skillet over medium heat. Add olive oil and Saute the carrots and celery for 5 minutes.
- Add the ground chicken, breaking it up and stirring it around for 5 minutes. Add hot sauce, precooked lentils, red pepper and mix to combine. Stir around until the chicken is cooked through. another 5-8 minutes.
- Add a half a cup of the ground chicken mixture to each lettuce leaf.
- Serve with shredded cheese or scallions if you want!