This Broccoli Slaw & Bacon Salad With Homemade Dressing came about when I got sick of the same old salad I’ve been having all winter long. I mean I love my usual salads topped with either chicken or hard boiled eggs with the 21 Day Fix Dressings that I love of course. However, I needed to change things up. I was in the mood for something sweet so insert the craisins and blueberries on top of this salad. The dressing of course is what completed this salad. It’s sweet with a touch of maple syrup and honey, yet perfect on top of a bed of broccoli slaw and spinach. The goat cheese makes it a bit creamy and the bacon adds the salty crunch that completes the entire dish! I’ve changed it up a few times by adding toasted almonds instead of walnuts, I even replaced the blueberries with a green apple. All filling, delicious and healthy!
I am not a big fan of crunchy vegetables, every now and again I’ll dip a carrot in a vegetable dip at a party but for the most part I like my vegetables fully cooked. So many times I’ve attempted to roast veggies a few times but I can’t get past the crunchiness. It makes me sad. There are so many awesome roasted veggie recipes out there but every time I try one, I end up burning them because I cook them longer than the allowed time. Sooooo the same thing goes for this Broccoli Slaw & Bacon Salad With Homemade Dressing. I sauteed the broccoli slaw with a little olive oil and then cooled it in the fridge before I finished the rest of it.
- 1 bag of broccoli slaw
- 1 cup of spinach
- 8 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- ¼ cup of walnuts
- ½ cup of craisins
- ½ cup of goat cheese
- ½ cup of blueberries
- ¾ tso. dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup (I used sugar free!)
- 3 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 3 tbsp EVOO
- Salt and Pepper
- Sautee broccoli slaw in a little EVOO for a few minutes. Divide to 4 (or 2 if your serving as a main dish) plates and refrigerate until cool. (If you don't mind your broccoli slaw crunchy you can skip this step and just divide it onto your plates)
- Divide the spinach, walnuts, blueberries, craisins and goat cheese evenly to all plates.
- Add the dressing ingredients to a small mason jar and cover. Shake well. Or add to a bowl and whisk to combine.